Ruger Precision Rifle

I think you will find that RPR to be an excellent performer, and the 6mm creedmoor to be a really fine round. I looked very hard at that caliber before going with my 22 creedmoor and could possibly go that route when I’ve worn this barrel out. I’ve always been a 6mm fan. The 243 having been one of my favorite deer cartridges.

There are some excellent long range target bullet in the 6mm that carry out there at longer ranges very well.

7c1b90d608e700180c47c40dff949819.jpg

As you can see it readily beats the 6.5 creedmoor out to 1k in drop and wind drift, and absolutely spanks the 308.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know your pain Guy. A while back I just happened to be driving to my local dive shop and I have to pass my local gun shop on the way. My truck has a mind of its own and swung left into the gun shop parking lot without letting me know in advance. I walked out with a P320 X-Carry which shoots great and now has a good spot on my right hip.

jmad_81":2xojhade said:
Guy, I built my wife a 6mm CM and I shoot the crap out of it. I really like it. Took it out to 1,200 yards a few weeks ago. I have been shooting the 105 VLD out of it for a few years now. My wife has taken 3 bucks with it and they have been very impressive kills. I have tried RL-26 and H4350. RL-26 got me clear up to 3350 fps with decent groups out of a 26" tube. I couldn't get the ES down low enough to make me happy. Switched to H4350 and settled on a load that shoots 3130 fps in the .3" range and has an ES under 20. At the moment I'm using some Hornady 6.5 CM brass that I necked down and turned the necks on. If I had to do it again I would order the alpha munitions brass. I picked up some of their brass in 22 Creedmoor and it is really, really nice brass.

I believe you'll be very happy with what that little 6mm is capable of. Congrats.

Thanks for the info. I need to gather dies, brass & bullets. Kind of excited! It's been some years since I loaded a "new" cartridge. Usually I'm just assembling ammo for cartridges I know well.

Am sure I'll have some handloading questions. :)

Guy

I’ve been using 6mm creedmoor Redding bushing dies and competition seater for my 22 creedmoor using appropriate bushings and seating stem. Using a 6mm creedmoor body die to reset the shoulder after a few loadings.

I think they would equally work well for your 6mm creedmoor. I haven found anything better than these Redding dies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went with the Redding Master Hunter die set (Full length sizer and comp seater). I'm really not liking the Hornady brass, but for what I do with it I can't justify throwing it out and buying some Alpha brass. If I was competing it would be a no brainer. For now its mostly used for filling the freezer. 2 of the 3 bucks my wife has taken with it made a bleating sound upon impact and dropped in their tracks. A few of the most impressive kills I have seen in all my years of hunting.

Heathers 2016 Buck.jpg

Hit me up anytime Guy. Running fed 210 primers and 42.7 gr H4350 (please work up).

jmad - what a nice photo!

Great buck.
Rifle looks way better than mine.
Heather looks way better than me.

"Hit me up anytime Guy. Running fed 210 primers and 42.7 gr H4350 (please work up)."

Nice. I have lots of Fed 210 primers on hand, and a lot of H4350 on hand. All my 6mm bullets currently on hand are lighter, hunting bullets intended for the old 6mm Remington my son shoots.

I'll lay in some supplies. Bet I'm loading for it sooner, rather than later.

Guy

That is a really great looking buck! Congratulations to your good lady.

jmad_81":1pshx4ea said:
I just went with the Redding Master Hunter die set (Full length sizer and comp seater). I'm really not liking the Hornady brass, but for what I do with it I can't justify throwing it out and buying some Alpha brass. If I was competing it would be a no brainer. For now its mostly used for filling the freezer. 2 of the 3 bucks my wife has taken with it made a bleating sound upon impact and dropped in their tracks. A few of the most impressive kills I have seen in all my years of hunting.

Hit me up anytime Guy. Running fed 210 primers and 42.7 gr H4350 (please work up).

Wow! What a beauty! Nice buck as well!

Congrats!

Awesome rifle Guy, cant wait to hear how it shoots!

I have an extra damage doe tag if you want to come test it out!

Palouser":29wgwrgi said:
Awesome rifle Guy, cant wait to hear how it shoots!

I have an extra damage doe tag if you want to come test it out!

Well thank you, very generous! (y)

Hoping to make a range trip shortly.

Guy

Back