SAKO 30-378

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I am very disappointed. I forgot that the Sako TRG-s model has one problematic issue. The ejector is at such an angle that anything bigger than a "low height" or low profile windage turret will throw the empty brass right back in the aaction! At this point I can not use the SS 3x15x42mm. I am looking at a Vortex Viper with the low profile turrets.

BTW anyone need an SS 3x15x42mm it it is NIB!!!!

SS315X42MQ.jpg

How about Try to get the 190 ABLRs into the 3300s ft/sec....that would become a super longrange fly. Impressive so far.

Sas874runner":3l5xuuc8 said:
There you go.

That is what I am looking at. I guess the 3x15x42 SS will have to collect dust

The regular VV will work just fine.

Huge disappointment with the SWFA 3x15x42mm SS. Man!!! 36 mils of adjustments.

Almost thought about selling the Sako and going with an Accumark.....................

She now wears a custom slimline brake. Kicks less than a 30-06 :mrgreen:

And I have second barrel for it!

Nice looking rig Buddy. Shame you can't adjust the extractor or put a post 64 M70 PF extractor in it since I read some where that the PF M70 could be converted to use the Sako extractor.

Well it is getting this one now.... Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44

rfl_vhs_s_4-16x44_moa_fr-t.jpg

That's some really nice glass. And vortex can really take some abuse. I called them about my dented up scope. They said send it in and they would replace it. I told them it was still shooting great. They said it don't matter if I dont like the dent and gouge they will replace it. Turn around time is 7-10 days! I also asked them how they manage to build a scope that can handle that abuse. They said that every scope goes through 1000G test 50 times before they consider it good enough. I think you will be pleased with it.

Never tried the partitions.

This rifle is now for sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back