Sako Brass/ ammo

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
Has anyone used it? I am assuming that its going to be good, ive bought some sako ammo at a good deal in 243, 260, and 30.06. So will have some once fired, planning to load 243 and 260, and maybe neck down the 30.06 to 25 as i dont currently load for the 30.
Next question would be do i get rid of the old Remington and Hornady brass that I have or use it for plinking rounds. Thoughts..

It’s good. I think they make it themselves in their own facility if I’m not mistaken.

I wouldn't throw out your old brass, keep it for loading practice rounds. Depending on number of times fired/annealed, still may have lots of usefull life left.

I have some 30-06 180 grain ammo and some once-fired and twice 30-06 brass. The ammo sits at a very consistent 2705 fps out of a 22 1/2 sako 85 barrel. The brass gives me an additional 40 fps over the same load with Winchester brass with no signs of pressure gain. It is good stuff.
According to SAKO advertisements they make their own brass. Wish I could get as components. They also make excellent bonded bullets.

270elk":39i7pm0c said:
I have some 30-06 180 grain ammo and some once-fired and twice 30-06 brass. The ammo sits at a very consistent 2705 fps out of a 22 1/2 sako 85 barrel. The brass gives me an additional 40 fps over the same load with Winchester brass with no signs of pressure gain. It is good stuff.
According to SAKO advertisements they make their own brass. Wish I could get as components. They also make excellent bonded bullets.

Glad to hear that, i got both bonded 150 and 180 for the 3006, cheaper than i could load a bonded round, so figured it was worth a go. (y) I've shot the 260 and very pleased with it so far.
I'm excited to go out and shoot some it just needs to warm up, into the 20's and I'll be happy

Back