Salmonchaser goes to Africa

Left camp at 0630, spotted the herd going over the hill at about a mile. Hot footed up a parallel canyon, crawling across a ridge into a draw then hot footed up another draw. Snuck over the top into a kneeling position, 278 yards, 300wm, 180 portion. 10 minutes waiting for cows to clear , “send it” sh… he’s down

You've done very well thus far. A great harvest of animals. Congratulations.(y)

Just finished dinner, 2015 hours here. We had a great stalk on a very good Kudu busted by a bunch of impala we bumped. We looked at several others but passed. Still trying for a kudu equivalent of a 350 bull. Quite a few around, think I’ll give it another day. At last light hiking back to the truck I bumped a great WartHog. Figured I hadn’t shot at so many I should take him.
Eland tenderloin for dinner. Good is an understatement.
3 more days to hunt.

Attachments

• BB2C37AA-3E8F-4AC9-97DB-7DB2A2EFE4F6.jpeg
    BB2C37AA-3E8F-4AC9-97DB-7DB2A2EFE4F6.jpeg
    963 KB · Views: 21
You're definitely having a great hunting experience with some fine trophies. Great work.

This morning, as has been the case every morning, I have passed on multiple species trying for the grey ghost. I passed on two other kudu today, was thinking I had made a mistake when we bumped into two outstanding water bucks. The trophy fee kept my safety engaged. I’m already over budget with the second Nyala. As we discussed the relative trophy quality of the larger water buck, Simms, the tracker, started talking to my guide in Zulu. I recognized the word for Kudu. My binoculars revealed a very good bull at about 1200 yards. Stalk number three is under way. At 478 we are busted by his cows. I dial 500, hold in the middle of the crease and send it, right over his back. He jumps a little I hold a little lower and send it. That broke his back, dropped him right there. With his head up I hold a little lower and put one more into the lungs. We watch for 5min. No movement, he’s done.

Congratulations SC, that's a great bull. Hope you get to enjoy the back straps and make a plan for waterbuck. It's only money my friend. Enjoy!

JD338

Congratulations SC, that's a great bull. Hope you get to enjoy the back straps and make a plan for waterbuck. It's only money my friend. Enjoy!

JD338

They print more of the stuff every day!:sneaky:

Back