Savage 111

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
Found a 270 on sale.
Scope was included.
Raining here today but did get to the bench for some shots.
First try at 100 yards with Winchester 150 Power Point factory ammo.
Barrel had been freshly scrubbed prior to shooting.

The lower three measured 1.1”.
After making an adjustment up on the scope the first shot went high and then the second two were lower a little bit.

I’m not good off the bench so anything close to an inch is okay by me. I like to keep my hunting shots within 200 yards.

For under $400 with the scope included it seems Savage makes a good product for the casual hunter/shooter.
4a14c41d8ea1ef177c40063414c5a449.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well- you can take that one hunting any day! Good for you. Careful- you might become a paper punching fool like me and go looking for that one hole group... :) At one time Savage made there rep on rifles for the average guy's paycheck that shot well. Usually better than me! Enjoy! CL

Looks good for first load right out of the box new! Try couple of other brands just for comparison. Good purchase. Dan.

Ah yes, I remember back in the late 80's when I could get the Savage 110, Bushnell 3-9x38 scope combo, hard wood rifle for a little over $300. I bought one in 7mm Rem Mag, and it would shoot like a house on fire! WOW! Back then, if you would shoot heavy for caliber bullets, and if it happened to be Federal Red Box, that seemed to be the winning combo.
Nowadays, Savage has priced it's 110(111) rifles out of the every man category, which is a shame.
I'm not a fan of the Axis rifles, just for the sheer fact of them not looking like a 111, or 110. Something about the lines of the back of the bolt, and the way the stock is cut around the back of the bolt.

Hawk

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

Back