Scarce bullets?

C.Smith

Handloader
Oct 11, 2006
I went to my usual bullet supplier (sportsmans) and they have no .308 caliber bullets to be had. I don't remember having the problem last year. Are there production issues this year or did they screw up and not order enought?

Corey

Scare brass, scarce primers, and yes in general, bullets are a little scarce too. I'll sure be happy when the lead and copper markets improve.

The primer market for Federal is lean too. The companys are producing ammo and components for two wars. As they wind down the components will be more plentifull. Availability to the public is the question (Depending on who becomes president).
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

Greg Nolan":1ky8fs3l said:
The primer market for Federal is lean too. The companys are producing ammo and components for two wars. As they wind down the components will be more plentifull. Availability to the public is the question (Depending on who becomes president).
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

FYI, if you're looking for Fed Gold Match primers, start an account with MidwayUSA and go to the respective Fed GM primer your needing, large or small rifle, click the link to open up that item/quantity and click on the button that says "REMIND ME" and fill in any requested info. Midway will then send you an e-mail message when they have that particular item in stock. You need to order quick as their available stock goes quickly. I personnally have used this feature and am now sitting pretty for primers, 2000+ GM205M, 2000+ GM210M, and 3000 GM215M.

Back