Scope guru's help me out!

ScreaminEagle

Handloader
Jan 20, 2011
I'm going to be putting together an M40A1 clone in the near future and need some scope help. The correct glass would be the Unertl 10X or the USO MST-100. There is no way that I can afford $3000 min on a scope so I need a cheaper alternative. For those of you that have seen a lot of scopes, what looks similar to this scope? I can do maybe $600 max.

Attachments

• rem700.jpg
    rem700.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,150
Those SWAF scopes have very good reviews for a long time now. Besides, you can't beat the price/value/features.

Although if it were me wanting to build a M40 I'd buy the USO version.

There's nothing I know of that really replicates the 1" steel tube 10x Unertl. Pretty much a one-of-a-kind scope. Super rugged. Excellent quality.

Last I heard, USO stopped producing it. Don't know for sure. They do offer a fixed 10x, but it doesn't look a lot like the original. Only about $1200 for their new 10x though.

Guy

ScreaminEagle":1xndpqxm said:
I'm going to be putting together an M40A1 clone in the near future and need some scope help. The correct glass would be the Unertl 10X or the USO MST-100. There is no way that I can afford $3000 min on a scope so I need a cheaper alternative. For those of you that have seen a lot of scopes, what looks similar to this scope? I can do maybe $600 max.
Rather then make a clone M40A1, this one isn't not too far off. At $1,795.00 shipped, good price considering they're $3,700.00 new.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/950776623/GA ... 308Win.htm

Back