She is here and she is one BAD A$$!!!

Congratulation Fotis. I had a talk once with Dave Viers way back regarding this cartridge. I will be following this thread.

I will initiate break in procedures soon. After elk I guess.

Dave Viers (the builder) suggested this

Load info
OAL 350 smk to touch lands 4.140"
152 gns H BMG50

338-375 Viersco mag? I wonder if it would be any better than the 338 snipe-tac? Maybe talk to CEB get them to make a .338 350gr VLD would be crazy.

Nice work, I have a place in cody if you care to stretch its legs, would love to see it in action.

What color did you paint the dolley and trailer hitch? :) You have a disease my friend. Very cool :) CL

Left to right

375 VM2 416 WBY 338 RUM 280 AI

FOTIS":1f1snr6l said:
brianwyo":1f1snr6l said:
Unbelievable!

It has been quiet around here until you came home. You know how to get this forum stirred up. Brian

You know that is how I roll Bri!

Crazy Greek! :mrgreen:

JD338

Very impressive Fotis! I am darn near jealous. I am a little surprised that, that big case does doesn't take a little more powder. I am running 124 grains of 50 BMG in my 30-378. Of course I am only running a 150 grain E-tip. Very nice looking "rifle." I can't wait for the range report!

When you going to stretch her out and see what she can do at LR on paper? Also, what does she weigh? About the same as an Abram's? Nice rifle for sure! Looking forward to how it performs.

She weighs 19.4 all ready to shoot. Antelope season opens up next week and then deer and elk. Still have to break her in. Gonna be a while.

Congrat's on the new Toy and that should put a smile on just about anyone's face once ya pull that Jewell trigger a couple times, what is it set at ? Now you can come hunt Speed Goats in NM from another county once ya get the wind dope down ! :) very impressive and I hope she is a tack driver for ya !! Poor Speed Goats in your area are in big trouble :lol:
Big mistake posting that link as they have some nice toys :roll:

Wow Fotis, That's way beyond out-of-control cool!!! Takes ELR shooting to a new level! Wildly long neck on the original version? The shorter neck version looks more useful, are you having to trim all that much off?

...well, that photo puts it into perspective, a very, very perspective...

..."Aaarrr"...

MAN! I don't hate anything that much. Sure am glad those who wish to use such cannons have the opportunity to do so. Bet it makes a blast. That is one of those that barks here and bites way over yonder. Enjoy. I will be happy following your reports.

Back