Shooting off of the NEO-X Prototype

xphunter

Handloader
Sep 15, 2005
Several weeks ago I was able to give a test run of a prototype front rest, called the NEO-X. It is replacing the NEO rest which has been around for about 14 years. I asked Dan to do the set-up on all three guns, as I wanted his opinion, as he has used the NEO and the MINI-X rests in the past.
Dan and I drew the same conclusion...It is the smoothest and easiest rest to use and set-up that we have ever used. I haven't saved any of the videos yet to YouTube, but all three of these track beautifully in the NEO-X.
I sent it off later that day, but I am already looking forward to getting the production version. I have not fully made up my mind on colors yet-Yes there are anodized colors to choose from as well.
The three guns used.
My F-Open rifle, chambered in 284 Winchester...Yes, I own rifles. It weighs just under 22 pounds. 180 Berger Hybrids.
My 6mm Long Dasher lightweight bench pistol, chambered in 6mm-6.5x47 Lapua Improved. It weighs just under 7.5 pounds, with the scope. 105 Berger Hybrids
My heavy benchrest pistol, chambered in 7mm-300 PRC. It weighs just under 16 pounds. 190 Berger Hybrids.
Both of the bench pistols have a 6" wide forend.
I hope it is okay to show-off some eye-candy.

NEOXR.jpgNEOXL.jpg

Batman!
Batman NEOX.jpg

Heavy Pistol: With it's old Krieger barrel in 7mm WSM and 180 grain JLK's, and good conditions, I shot a 5-shot sub 4" group at 1000 yard match. This one obviously has more horsepower.
Heavy Pistol.jpg

Sebastian Lambang (on the right) who is the maker of the NEO-X won 1st place in F-Open in the QRA Queens last week. SEB used Jason Mayers 7mm RSAUM, 180gr Berger, Barnard action, McMillan stock, Nightforce scope, and a Bartlein barrel. Jason is on the Australian F-TR team.
Winner.jpg

That looks awesome Ernie!
Thanks!
Yes, I know I am extremely spoiled 😇
Mine will probably be black with a red or bronze/orange coaxial unit ( where the Joystick connects).
Will probably go with the bronze instead of the red...decisions, decisions, decisions😁

SEB makes a nice rest .

I think I'd prefer one that is anodized . I like that bright shiny bling look , but the sun glare could probably be annoying at times .

SEB makes a nice rest .

I think I'd prefer one that is anodized . I like that bright shiny bling look , but the sun glare could probably be annoying at times .
Thanks!
It has never been a issue for me, but the high polished aircraft grade aluminum takes a little more TLC, and maybe it just blinds the competition 😁
My current JOYPOD-X is anodized black, and I prefer it to the high polished myself.
The funny thing is that I rarely use these works of art, as I am a field shooter by preference.
Give me a specialty pistol, a small field bag, and a good field bi-pod, and I am a pretty happy guy:cool:

I love those rifles, i was just talking to my neighbor lastnight that we should do an aluminum specialty pistol with his defiance rukus

Back