Shot a decent 8 yesterday.

cloverleaf":3tqzcjwv said:
thats a little more than "decent" in my book! Cool that you shot it with that rifle and load. CL

Thanks CL. Not a big buck by any stretch but decent enough I skinned the head out for a euro type display instead of just cutting the horns out. I can remember the days a buck like that would've been on a wall and people would've come to look at it. Lol. Not no more, they've been killing some real brutes at times.

I killed my first buck with a .35 caliber Marlin rifle. I don't remember the powder or charge but it sure put a big hole in that 10 point. It was the first rifle I saved up for and bought with my own money.

I killed my first buck with a .35 caliber Marlin rifle. I don't remember the powder or charge but it sure put a big hole in that 10 point. It was the first rifle I saved up for and bought with my own money.

Good story. I can say unequivocally and without reservation that if I was forced to have just 3 rifles to fit all of my needs for anything I'd want to hunt, or could possibly hunt, that 760 in 35 Remington would be one of them. Love it and love the cartridge. Easy on the shoulder, hard on game.

Good story. I can say unequivocally and without reservation that if I was forced to have just 3 rifles to fit all of my needs for anything I'd want to hunt, or could possibly hunt, that 760 in 35 Remington would be one of them. Love it and love the cartridge. Easy on the shoulder, hard on game.
One of my dear departed friends was a 35 Rem fan and he used to say it makes a blood trail a blind man could follow. Dan.

Thanks for the comments fella's, but just to be clear, this was last yrs post that got dug up and I responded to a post from yesterday and I guess that put it up at the top. But I don't mind reminiscing! Ha. Hope this yr goes as well.

Back