Sierra 175 SBT

jimbires

Handloader
Aug 16, 2011
I put the info on the target . this bullet shoots very well . I wouldn't have a problem hunting whitetails with this bullet . it penetrated roughly 20".jacket expanded to .485" . the two pieces weigh 78.9 grain .impact velocity roughly 3000 FPS , shot from 20 yards .

P8160913.JPG
P8160914.JPG

Thanks Jim for posting your results. Have read that it works well for even moose and elk sized game. It's on my short list for the incoming 7 mm RM on the way.

I've read good things about this bullet too . I'll definitely use it for whitetails . this is just a nice mild load that could be made faster , but it shoots pretty good so I'll leave it alone .

I wouldn't change a thing either, excellent accuracy, lots of speed and moderate pressures. Been around for a long time so Sierra must be doing something right with them.

I've certainly taken a fair amount of game with my 7RM loaded with 175 grain Sierras. They do work.

thanks Fellas , maybe this will help someone else get the bullet shooting well .

That is a great shooting load and plenty for elk I'd guess also. 20" is a fair amount of penetration and pretty good shape onto it as well. That bullet shoots real well out of my Mashburn, and pretty much spot on with the Partition out to 500 as well.

Back