Snipers Hide Six Spot challenge .22 LR

longrangehunter

Handloader
Jun 19, 2011
So late last year I got into shooting a .22LR Six Spot Challenge over at Sniper's Hide at various distances, 50, 100, 150 yards. Cold Bore, Avg groups size, and smallest group all shot prone off a bipod all at one time, although I did shoot mine off a cooler seated because my neck was bothering me. So I thought I throw up one on here just to see what you'all think.

Vudoo Gun Works V-22, 20" Bartlein, McMillan HTG M40 stock, TT Diamond trigger, Badger bottom metal. 30 MOA base, USO 1.8-10x37 GAP and 10 round mag.

Lapua Center-X @ 50 yards
Cold Bore: .350"
Avg. group size: .349"
Smallest group: .198"

Fun to shoot at steel even beyond 150 yards although the groups do grow a bit.

Attachments

• P1050768.jpg
    P1050768.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 861
Well, that is pretty impressive. You have to be pleased with that effort. Looks to be fun.

Nice!! I wish my CZ 457 American shot that well. I'll have to grab a box or two of some top tier ammo like thr eley or lapua and see what it does. Right now it's a .7"-.8" rifle at 50 yards for 5 and 10 shots with CCI SV and Select. Shoots the cheap armscor 36g HP very well also at .8" for 10 shots. Wanted to start getting into shooting 22LR again. Its good, cheap, fun practice for when the big guns are cooling in between groups anyway.

I want one of those vudoo rifles bad. I had a RPRR, it shot well but I was looking for better.

Really having a hard time justifying that money for a rimfire. Had been kicking around the idea of a tikka t1x in a KRG bravo chassis.

I’d love to see a pic of your vudoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rimfire is very popular over here.
Some ammo-producers offer to test rifles with different lots and the shooters usually buy 10k+ of the best.
Quite impressive what can be done if the wind ain't blowing too much. Most impressed I am by biathlets. Heart pumping wild, a few breaths and they hit the target with crosswinds blowing the snow around...

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Guys! I got into it again because my neck as taken a lot of abuse lately shooting a 308 Winchester all last year. Even in a heavy gun, with a break, there's still enough recoil while shooting prone to cause me some issues, and why I prefer the 6-6.5mm stuff over the 7.62 NATO shooting 200+ rounds at a weekend match.

The little .22LR is a pure joy to shoot! I have since changed the scope out for more magnification, and added a SureFire break/adapter for running it with a can..... That I will more then likely never install on it only because I don't like the carbon they leave behind. That said it does add more length to the barrel which balances it out well and makes it look alot better!

Shooting 50-100 rounds is easy to do, easy on me and the wallet! I'll be using this setup for NRL 22X competitions when we get back to shooting Matches someday. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Attachments

• P1050853.jpg
    P1050853.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 760
noslerpartition":fwv56f2w said:
Some ammo-producers offer to test rifles with different lots and the shooters usually buy 10k+ of the best.

Lapua will do that for you over here too, and believe it or not, a LOT of people go that route!

Just get a serviceable rimfire can. I have a tacsol axiom. Nothing better than a suppressed rimfire. Staple gun quiet.

longrangehunter":2q2nvfic said:
noslerpartition":2q2nvfic said:

Lapua will do that for you over here too, and believe it or not, a LOT of people go that route!
Cool, good service!

Just get a serviceable rimfire can. I have a tacsol axiom. Nothing better than a suppressed rimfire. Staple gun quiet.

noslerpartition":hj1g275j said:
Quite impressive what can be done if the wind ain't blowing too much. Most impressed I am by biathlets. Heart pumping wild, a few breaths and they hit the target with crosswinds blowing the snow around...

NP as much as I find this interesting I was surprised by your appropriate use of a colloquialism: ain’t, well done.
As to .22 rim fire, love them but never bought any top shelf ammo.
Carried a suppressed 10/22 in the swat van for taking out porch or street lights. They are quiet.
Got me thinking about a good .22 bolt gun now.

noslerpartition":oyfo4ccg said:

NP as much as I find this interesting I was surprised by your appropriate use of a colloquialism: ain’t, well done.
Carried a suppressed 10/22 in the swat van for taking out porch or street lights. They are quiet.

Pretty doggone cool!

Before this virus hit, our gun club had a real active NRL-22 program.

Hope we can get back to that soon. I don't shoot in it, but perhaps someday.

Guy

salmonchaser":1dyyrv3n said:
noslerpartition":1dyyrv3n said:

Solmonchaser: i am not a native speaker. If something is wrong, let me know!

But: if it was meant honestly - which I think it was - I learned English in School for nine years and started reading English book by the age of 14. So 33 years ago. I was into fantasy role playing back then and there were few well translated books back then. Up to now,I read more English than German and working for an international company, English is part of my daily life.
I am far from perfect and my vocabulary reflects the books I recently read, but I like the language and it helps to get along in many places.
Funny thing: back in 1999, I participated in an archery world championship in Germany. I stood at a table with a Brit, a guy from Texas and one from Australia (have to admit I understood the one from Texas best) and started telling a joke about Ostfrirsen. A population from our north-west who are the target of many jokes. Halfway through it, the Australian took over and finished it with the Kiwis instead of Ostfriesen....

Sorry for highjacking the thread

Ü

NP, I believe you were being complimented for your command of the vernacular. Well done.

Dr Mike: so I think. But sometimes I don't get the supleties...

Back to the original topic::
I bought a Weihrauch for my sons a few years ago. Shot it at 100m and the difference between brands and lots was dramatic. Some opened up to more than 4 inches, others strayed below one. No.wind due to walls at the sides. Stocked up on the best and love to shoot it myself from time to time. Just to get some cheap trigger-time.

Yes it was a compliment. Given my very limited German I am impressed with your English and American. :)

Back