Southpaw Rifles...options?

I just shot my daughter's 7mmWSM with reduced loads. I'm about 6gr above the flat out minimum for even reduced charges. She's 13, 5'5, and will be ok with that recoil.

Those reduced H4895 charges are a game-changer for getting kids started on a rifle. No need to go light on chambering (I wouldn't get a 458 Lott, but you know what I mean, lol), as you can bring about anything down to kid-friendly levels. When I did the H4895 treatment to the 257 Roberts, you almost had to wonder if the bullet left the barrel, the recoil was that light. With the 7Short, it's there, but it's not prohibitive.

OK- search over....

I decided to not re-invent the wheel....I've had great success with the Ruger Americans. I've put several together for folks and one for myself. They all shoot reasonably well, if not fantastic.

Talked to my local gun shop- got a 7-08 lefty, stainless one on order that Davidson's had made up.

That sounds like a wise decision. I am quite certain that your lad is going to love the rifle, and the more so since it fits his shooting requirements. Excellent!

Well, I'd bet your boy will like it a bunch. My little brother is a lefty and has a LH 270 RAR. It shoots really well and is pretty easy to carry as well.

b43568b2a9f18df22dbd20490a5a003a.jpg

My sons Christmas present. Ruger American 308 with red field 2-7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great Christmas gift. I bought one of the ruger american predators in 6.5 Creedmoor. And it is extremely accurate, I'm am planning on getting another american in a long action myself.

Back