Speer 180gr .358 soft point

I haven't seen those for sale on any retail sites in forever! Don't particularly need any right now, but that's good news. (y) Maybe they're slowly catching up on other things if they're getting around to making those.

Hopefully Speer will make a run of .358 250 gr Hot Cors soon. I wouldn't mind getting a couple more boxes for the 35 Whelen.

JD338

I'm hoping for the 220's. I have a grand total of 0 of those, and I think they will make an exceptional pill for the Whelen, and anything else I pick up in 358.

I'm hoping for the 220's. I have a grand total of 0 of those, and I think they will make an exceptional pill for the Whelen, and anything else I pick up in 358.
I emailed Speer last year about the 358 220gr bullets and they responded that this bullet has been discontinued. Furry bullet company makes a 358 220gr bullet that I did a test on. It's in the bullet section. The Furry is a little softer than Speer but should work fine on whitetail deer. I didn't get the opportunity to find out this past season. Hopefully this year. Dan.

I emailed Speer last year about the 358 220gr bullets and they responded that this bullet has been discontinued. Furry bullet company makes a 358 220gr bullet that I did a test on. It's in the bullet section. The Furry is a little softer than Speer but should work fine on whitetail deer. I didn't get the opportunity to find out this past season. Hopefully this year. Dan.
Love the 220 gr Hot Cor in the 358...has worked great in my BLR since I got it 20 years ago.
Too bad it is discontinued!
Luckily, I have been able to find and squirrel away 6 boxes over the years...down to last 4 rounds now and need to load another 100 rounds.
Looking forward to loading the 180 gr in the 35 Rem (wife's saddle gun).

Back