spotting scope help

nitis

Handloader
Dec 20, 2008
Since we drew Nevada this year Dad and I decided we need to invest in a spotting scope.

We both have descent binos but they are only 10 power and Nevada is Big.

Whast is the best bang for the buck really cant go too big here as we wont use it very often just want a descent functional tool.

nitis,

I started with a Cabela's brand something x something - wanna say 15 x 40 - 40. It's decent clear glass up to about 25X. Pretty much loooks identical to the Nikon units. I found that I used the spotting scope a ton early mornings and late evenings planning for the next days hunt. Those low light conditions are where you're going to want your spotting scope to shine !

I now carry a 12 X 40 - 60 Leupy like JD - What a difference !!

I have used on several occasions Leupold spotting scopes. They are clear and compare very favorably with spotting scopes that are much more expensive. They won't break the bank, and they can certainly pay for themselves.

I have a Leupold 20x Fixed and love it. It's small and light and you can pack it everywhere. The 15x30x50 is a great one too. Those folks really stand behind their products as well!

Hi there, I have the swarovski. Not sure that it was worth the price, but it is one sweet spotting scope. You may want to borrow one, they can get very high. But, I can spot game well over a mile away.
hardpan

Back