Springfield Armory 5” 1911 Garrison NIB

Joec7651

Handloader
Apr 7, 2019
Well I rescued another stray. NIB Springfield Armory Garrison 5” 1911. The Garrison really is a beautiful sidearm. The pictures I took don’t do it any justice at all. It’s the Firstline edition and comes with 3 magazines, cable lock, handsome factory box and soft case. It was coming home with me, no question about it.
It’s high gloss blued on the flats and satin blued on the sight plain, no Cerakote. Perfect finish. White dot sights with very tight stainless barrel and bushing. Forged slide and frame. Action is tight but very smooth. It needs a few hundred rounds through it to give the silky smooth feel I like on my 1911’s. I think it’s much nicer than the blued Kimber Custom II I have. Hopefully I’ll still feel that way after shooting it. I will say that when I took it apart, checked everything, and cleaned it I added a recoil buffer. They are cheap and I’ve added them to all my 1911’s.
IMG_0182.jpegIMG_0183.jpegIMG_0184.jpegIMG_0185.jpeg

Last edited:
I was lucky, promoted to LT. and told the Chief I would be in charge of the Use of Force training, which of course included firearms. About two weeks later I had 1911’s approved for those who wished to carry one. Last 10 years I carried a Springfield TRP. Still have that pistol. That Garrison looks like a great addition.

I had forgotten how fun it is to fit an already “custom fit” leather holster so it’s right. Mink oil and a hair dryer have gotten it cured and moistened. Now it’s fitting to the pistol. It’s almost there. A few more days should get it there. I just think leather is more comfortable to carry.

Attachments

• IMG_0186.jpeg
    IMG_0186.jpeg
    414.1 KB · Views: 10
Your’s is nicer than mine!
I wouldn’t say that. I have a brown leather holster without the hammer strap. I think I my prefer it to this one. This one is harder leather so is a little tougher to final fit.

A little leather dye, rub mink oil in and yours will literally be like brand new again. I bet yours fits much better than mine right now. Great grain in your grips btw, and a great deep blue On the gun. Very very nice.

Last edited:
I like the Springfield 1911s. Have a couple different models. Yours is a pretty pistol. Bet it shoots just as good as it looks. Dan.

Back