staBALL HD load data for 7mm rem mag

That's amazing! The stuff hasn't been available commercially in a long time. 20 years maybe?

Though "sooty" it was my go-to powder for the 7mm Rem Mag. When I couldn't get it anymore I went to Reloader 22 and was happy until... I couldn't get RL-22 anymore either. Then I switched to the new IMR 8133 and was seriously impressed. Then it was discontinued all too soon... I have a pound or so of it stashed here 'cause my son's Bergara thrives on that stuff.

Basically if I get a favorite powder for the 7mm Rem Mag, it gets discontinued.... LOL!

Guy
That's a true statement, Guy. I still have a few lbs of H870, 5 or 6 lbx of 22, and a lb of 8133. It is mostly reserved for my 7RM.

Am giving Magpro a try. Will let you 7mm Rem Mag fans know how it works out.

Came across a stray 8 lb container of it at work. Nobody else wanted it and the data on Hodgdon's reloading data center looks pretty good.

So if you like Magpro, go buy some now... ;)

Guy

Came across a stray 8 lb container of it at work. Nobody else wanted it and the data on Hodgdon's reloading data center looks pretty good.

Guy
Nice bonus Guy!

JD338

I loaded 162 grain (Nosler SB & Hornady SST) and 154 grain (Hornady SP) at various times in the past using Magpro. The powder produced acceptable velocities and some fine accuracy in my 7RM. Because I was focused on using 175 grain pills and had some fine loads with RL22 and H870, I didn't pursue this powder/bullet combination at the time. I should imagine you will find some pleasing loads, Guy.

That's a true statement, Guy. I still have a few lbs of H870, 5 or 6 lbx of 22, and a lb of 8133. It is mostly reserved for my 7RM.
That H870 was cheap and produced good groups in a long gone 25-06. Still remember the load though. 115gr Nosler PT 64grs H870 Fed 215 primer. It sounded like a 7mm mag going off:D would like to have known what kind of speed it was doing. Dan.

Guy
No one wants the MagPro? Tomorrow you should slap magpro stickers on the rest of the powders in stock.

Guy
So now you know what to do, put Magpro labels on the other jugs since no one wants it.

Back