started a new business

blm389

Beginner
Nov 20, 2010
I just finished my web site about 2 months. I will be selling brass and bullets. I'm not posting on here to get business, but do need some feed back on my prices and what you guys think about the lay out of the web site and any other info that would help good or bad. http://www.nevadabrassexchange.com. Thanks

Web site looks good and your prices are good.
Very easy to navigate.
Are your plated bullets from Carson city?
I used to get my brass from Brassman down in Vegas and you prices are a lot better
Any discounts for us locals
I'll be telling my friends about you.

Good Luck
Randy

I've got some previously fired brass in the recycle bin because it's worn out. :grin: If it's once-fired, I suggest using that term instead of previously. Range pickup brass can be anything if it's a range used by handloaders.
elkeater2

blm389
I am curious about your forum name. I was wondering about the significance of the blm part, I am retired blm employee? I like the layout, but perhaps more color contrast, I am attracted to sites that are bold and jump out at you!!!! Congratulations on your effort!!

Hey Pop -
way to go on getting this business up and running. I am with elkeater on the terminology of previously fired vs. once fired. The only used brass I would consider buying is once fired brass.
Just curious...can you tell us who the manufacturer of the bullets is?

Opening page... 'calibers' is spelled wrong, not 'cabilers' Other than that, looks good.

Congrats on the new business. I have been designing websites as a hobby for the past 11 years or so and have learned a thing or two about content and design.

In my opinion, you need somethign here that will catch your eye and signifies a legitimate business. The website is too plain, too many sharp corners and no graphic design. Thought the site is clean and efficient it lacks some professionalism which will hurt your business. The good news, this is an easy fix. Start off with a good logo. For just $250 you can get a really good logo designed at logotournament.com Second, Colors are good but way too much white space. Works fine for browsing content but hard on the eyes on the main page. This really should be softer colors or break up into smaller area and smaller font. Soften up some corners by adding small radiuses. Show your payment options on the bottom of the main page. Add google analytics to your page, add more META options and key works. Think about two columns instead of three unleess the third is future growth for sales and quick links otherwise is a waste of space.

Midway USA is a great site that is simple, yet professional and really uses space effectivly.

Most people when viewing a new website will look slightly off center and high left when they first land on the page. From there, their eyes will move clockwise, right, bottom, left, up, center. Catch the eye right off the bat and you will get someone who will stay on your sight longer and browse your content. Which will increase your sales.

Good luck and Congrats!

Thanks for all the comments much appreciated. Elkman, my forum name is the first letter in my 3 boys names. unfortunately not all the brass I"m selling is once fired. I get both indoor and outdoor brass from my supplier so I didn't want to say once fired as It would be an untrue statement. My smaller bags of rifle brass is once fired brass like the 30-378 Wby or 243AI. I do understand that most reloaders want once fired brass and I hope to have all once fired brass in the future. The bullets are manufactured By X-treme Bullets in Carson City, Nevada great bullet for target shooting. As for the web site it is a work in progress. I know it is not the best and do plan on making changes. For locals in the Reno area I'm willing to meet at Sportsmans Warehouse for delivery and will offer a discount so please email me at nevadabrassexchange@yahoo.com and we can go over the price. Again thanks for the help.

Back