Still seeing some supplies coming in.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Just an update to give some more hope........it's slow but the giant rock is at least rolling in the right direction. That shop I posted about a week or so ago, got in some more supplies. Small rifle primers, SR match, SR magnum, and 209 primers. Also some more rifles, ammo, and powder came in. Not a lot but some.

Supplies that were not coming in at all before and now are coming in and more frequently is a good sign. Albeit slow, but it's gonna be slow. A lot to catch up on.

It will get there Dan. It's got to or we are all in big trouble if this is the normal from here on out. I don't think so........like I said, SLOW, but moving the right direction. And not just a 1 off small amount of supplies, but starting to get more frequent.

Was in a different shop yesterday, the one that was selling me bricks of primers in the last yr.

They are reporting the same thing.........increasing amounts of supplies, slowly, but getting more frequent. Particularly bullets and powder. They had a pretty good selection of the IMR Enduron line of powders and Reloader powders. Some Hodgdon powder. A pretty good pile of factory ammo.

Was in a different shop yesterday, the one that was selling me bricks of primers in the last yr.

They are reporting the same thing.........increasing amounts of supplies, slowly, but getting more frequent. Particularly bullets and powder. They had a pretty good selection of the IMR Enduron line of powders and Reloader powders. Some Hodgdon powder. A pretty good pile of factory ammo.
A couple of weeks ago Powder Valley actually had some Federal Fusion .277 130 grain bullets in stock. I was shocked because Federal said last spring that they would not be selling bullets as they were keeping them for loading there own ammo instead. When I looked they only had 3 boxes left I grabbed them as I have shot deer with the Fusion's and they work well. They are not pretty looking but shoot like target rounds for a cheap price.

Still coming in with increasing availability to the local small shop I referenced, so if it keeps it up it will get everywhere eventually.

Too many things to list as far as ammo, bullets, etc, but just in powder this shop has 8 lb jugs of Varget, H1000, Retumbo, H4350, Staball 6.5, Also 8lb jugs of faster powders like RL10, IMR 4227, Unique, Blue dot, etc.

1 lb cans of H1000, Retumbo, H4831SC, H4350, CFE 223, Varget........also a lot of the old standby H powders such as 335, BL-C2, 380, etc.

IMR 1lb cans of 4166, 4350, 4064, 4831, 4227. Things are looking up!! (y)

Yep, there's also been 22-LR showing up on the shelves. Albeit lessor quantities than before, but steady(ish) small amounts

Yep, there's also been 22-LR showing up on the shelves. Albeit lessor quantities than before, but steady(ish) small amounts
Yep. At this shop I'm guessing just from looking at what was on the shelves there's at least 20,000 rounds of 22. Could be more than 30,000. They got in quite a bit lately. All good signs!

Still coming in with increasing availability to the local small shop I referenced, so if it keeps it up it will get everywhere eventually.

Too many things to list as far as ammo, bullets, etc, but just in powder this shop has 8 lb jugs of Varget, H1000, Retumbo, H4350, Staball 6.5, Also 8lb jugs of faster powders like RL10, IMR 4227, Unique, Blue dot, etc.

1 lb cans of H1000, Retumbo, H4831SC, H4350, CFE 223, Varget........also a lot of the old standby H powders such as 335, BL-C2, 380, etc.

IMR 1lb cans of 4166, 4350, 4064, 4831, 4227. Things are looking up!! (y)
Wow! I'm ready to move, lol. Dan.

Wow! I'm ready to move, lol. Dan.
Dan it's rolling in around here now......seems impossible to me that wouldn't start spilling over and showing up other places. Have just a little patience yet and I bet it will within a month or so. I popped in at a different local shop today, they also got in a lot of powder and a big order of bullets. They are a shop that had very little during this rough time. Their powder shelves are now pretty well stocked. Had a pretty good variety including some of the harder to get powders like Retumbo, Varget, Lever, and the 4350's.

Dan it's rolling in around here now......seems impossible to me that wouldn't start spilling over and showing up other places. Have just a little patience yet and I bet it will within a month or so. I popped in at a different local shop today, they also got in a lot of powder and a big order of bullets. They are a shop that had very little during this rough time. Their powder shelves are now pretty well stocked. Had a pretty good variety including some of the harder to get powders like Retumbo, Varget, Lever, and the 4350's.
Are you seeing any Ramshot Magnum? My 6.5 prc loves the stuff.

Are you seeing any Ramshot Magnum? My 6.5 prc loves the stuff.
No sir, Ramshot powders have been MIA around here. What's coming in is all Hodgdon and IMR. Some Alliant powder but mostly the faster stuff. The slower RL's poke their head in occassionally but don't last long.

Prices are certainly nothing to get excited about. Powder took a pretty good jump by the looks of it. Some 1 lb cans are down in the high $30's but the majority of them are in the low to mid $40's. But beats not having the option period. Hopefully continues to fill in and eventually we all will have both availability and price reduction because of it.

Prices are certainly nothing to get excited about. Powder took a pretty good jump by the looks of it. Some 1 lb cans are down in the high $30's but the majority of them are in the low to mid $40's. But beats not having the option period. Hopefully continues to fill in and eventually we all will have both availability and price reduction because of it.
Went to a store in adjoining state and saw RL26 for first time in 2 years or more. $ 52.00 lb. Not cheap. Ramshot Hunter was $ 30.00 and they didn't have primers. Trickle maybe but wish it was a drizzle, lol. Dan.

Went to a store in adjoining state and saw RL26 for first time in 2 years or more. $ 52.00 lb. Not cheap. Ramshot Hunter was $ 30.00 and they didn't have primers. Trickle maybe but wish it was a drizzle, lol. Dan.
WOW glad I have 24lb of rl26 i only paid $25 a lb for.

Yeah, called a shop today just out of curiousity to see if they had 35 caliber bullets. They had Hornady 200 spire points, $52 a box. Kinda shocked me.......those took a big jump. Then I got on Midway and checked and they are $62 a box and not available. Some things aren't bad, but nothing is cheap.

2 wks ago I did buy 2 more bricks of primers from the same shop I've been buying from. I bought 8 bricks from them now in the last 6 months or so. I thought they were out the last 3 times.......I think now they are but who knows for sure. $20 extra per brick over old prices is cheap peace of mind.

I scored an 8 pounder of R26 for $399 at a local shop a couple of weeks ago. There were a few bricks of CCI BR-2s on the shelf for $120, but I left them where they were.

Yeah, called a shop today just out of curiousity to see if they had 35 caliber bullets. They had Hornady 200 spire points, $52 a box. Kinda shocked me.......those took a big jump. Then I got on Midway and checked and they are $62 a box and not available. Some things aren't bad, but nothing is cheap.

2 wks ago I did buy 2 more bricks of primers from the same shop I've been buying from. I bought 8 bricks from them now in the last 6 months or so. I thought they were out the last 3 times.......I think now they are but who knows for sure. $20 extra per brick over old prices is cheap peace of mind.
In the same shop that I saw the powder they had Nosler 35cal 200gr AB 62.00 that's better than 82.00 at Midway. Dan.

Was anyone seen any Winchester large rifle or large rifle magnum primers? All of my load development has been done with those primers and I am really not wanting to change. I have seen some Federal primers but again wanting to stick with Winchester if anyone knows where they are being hidden.

Was anyone seen any Winchester large rifle or large rifle magnum primers? All of my load development has been done with those primers and I am really not wanting to change. I have seen some Federal primers but again wanting to stick with Winchester if anyone knows where they are being hidden.
I haven't. All the bricks of primers I got this past yr be it standard or magnum, were either CCI or Federal, save for one. That was a brick of standard Winchester.

Back