Strange things while reloading

species8472

Beginner
Oct 1, 2010
Just reloaded 100 223 rounds and had one that kept spilling powder out.
Witch brings me to my question. what is the most strange thing you have found in your case when reloading. Mine was a big as moth dont know how it got through case mouth. :oops:

Not specifically about a cartridge problem, but last winter I was duck hunting with an ultra reliable Beretta 390 shotgun and it started misbehaving badly. Have had this shotgun for 10 years and never missed a beat. Anyway, when I took it home and disassembled it, there was a spent rifle primer smashed and stuck in the trigger group causing the problem. The only way this could have happened was I had the shotgun in my reloading room for cleaning and after cleaning, a spent primer somehow got scooped up and ended up in the action.

I bought some brand new Remington nickle 270 Win cases once and like always I run new cases through the FL size die to make sure everything is straightened out in the necks. With one case the stroke into the die stopped short of FL and came up solid. When I examined the case the primer punch pin which was broken fell out of the case. Upon further inspection there was no flash hole in the case.

Back