Stuck Cases? Plenty of Lube

larry82052

Beginner
Oct 6, 2024
I have Reloaded for 57 years and occasionally you have a stuck case. I use Hornady’s Spray case lube and lube the necks down inside with it and make certain the cases get sprayed enough, but i got a stuck case today and i don't for the life of me understand it!!

Its 243 cases and i always clean my dies before resizing or doing any reloading just for good habit!! Am i missing something fellows? Larry Gene Pate

When I was having problems sizing my 7mm WSM brass with Forster dies I talked with the Customer Service rep at Forster. He told me that in nearly all of their stuck cases complaints, the customer had used the Hornady Spray Lube. I tried Forster's proprietary case lube and love it. It makes a huge difference.

There was a thread on here about a year ago about case lubes and the different lubes that people use. You might be able to find that thread.

Any of the sizing waxes work or a lanolin/isopropyl mix.
Hornady 1 shot is only good if you like the sound of an 16 penny nail being pulled out of an oak board. That what a case sounds like with 1 shot.

When I was having problems sizing my 7mm WSM brass with Forster dies I talked with the Customer Service rep at Forster. He told me that in nearly all of their stuck cases complaints, the customer had used the Hornady Spray Lube. I tried Forster's proprietary case lube and love it. It makes a huge difference.

There was a thread on here about a year ago about case lubes and the different lubes that people use. You might be able to find that thread.
Great idea, i used to use the wax lubes and yes its great stuff! I will do that!! Many thanks! Larry Gene

I never had good luck with the spray lubes . one thing they do say in the directions is to let it dry completely . I went back to a lube pad and RCBS case lube 2

Used them all until I tried Imperial case wax and haven't had a stuck case since.
I use a custom powder funnel/case mouth expander for .45 acp in my Dillon 550B, when I expand cases that have been cleaned with steel pins and lemon shine the cases will stick in the expander, I smear a little Imperial wax on the case expander and that solves all my problems, before I would use Hornaday One Shot over the cases and they would still stick on the expander.

Used them all until I tried Imperial case wax and haven't had a stuck case since.
I use a custom powder funnel/case mouth expander for .45 acp in my Dillon 550B, when I expand cases that have been cleaned with steel pins and lemon shine the cases will stick in the expander, I smear a little Imperial wax on the case expander and that solves all my problems, before I would use Hornaday One Shot over the cases and they would still stick on the expander.
Yeah i just order me some Unique wax myself! Back to the old way! Yhanks Larry Gene

Yeah i just ordered me some Hornady Unique wax !! Back to the old way!
I use the Unique also. I've stuck one case with it but it was 100% my fault. Dies were dirty, brass was dirty, and I am sure I over lubed it and got a 270 case stuck in a Redding die.

Clean dies and brass have lead to problem free loading.

That case is actually still stuck in that die. I've get it out and Redding wants $30 to get it unstuck. I bought new dies and keep the Redding if I need to seat 270 bullets for dad.

I use the Unique also. I've stuck one case with it but it was 100% my fault. Dies were dirty, brass was dirty, and I am sure I over lubed it and got a 270 case stuck in a Redding die.

Clean dies and brass have lead to problem free loading.

That case is actually still stuck in that die. I've get it out and Redding wants $30 to get it unstuck. I bought new dies and keep the Redding if I need to seat 270 bullets for dad.
Yeah ya gotta have that set of stuck case remover cause its tying an expensive rifle up is the way i see it and your dies to, dang rifles are thru the roof on cost anymore!! Yeah at least ya have em and they wont get cheaper we know that!! Thanks, Larry Gene

Back