Successful Hunt

YoteSmoker

Handloader
Oct 3, 2006
I just wanted to drop a line to say that I spent the past week muzzleloader deer and bear hunting and as it turned out, I ended up shooting a turkey through the back with my Encore 50 cal on the 15th (only gun in the truck at the time) and took a 3x3 mulie on Saturday the 19th at 9:10 in the morning where 4 bucks came out of the hill across from the creekbed I was sitting on. I did find some fresh bear tracks earlier in the week but was unable to connect. I must say that first shower after 8 days felt great!!! :)

Congrats but.................

391862.gif

Hunter Jim, I shot both the turkey and deer with 348 grain aerotip Powerbelt bullets. Heavy, yes...but I get great accuracy with this bullet and 110 grains of Triple 7 in my Encore and to date has accounted for 1 turkey, 3 bucks, 1 doe, and 1 cow elk all here in Colorado in the last 5 years. It won't let you down!

POP, pictures forthcoming when I get more time and finish wrapping meat. I have the base of the antlers boiling on the stove as I type so I can get all the meat and hair off for the plaque.

YoteSmoker

Congratulations on your deer and turkey.
Post some pictures,

JD338

YS,

Thanks for the bullet data, I used the 348 gr Powerbelt in Colorado before I got onto the Bullshop Bullets. I like the "heavy" part of ML bullets anyway. ;)

jim

Back