supplies

Scotty , that's how I felt . it's not optimistic , but now I have an insiders view .

I’ve been getting powder ok.

Just constrained on primers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimbires":3fxme7dk said:
everything is tough for me to find locally .
Jay’s in Clare has 8# containers of H4831sc and a variety of others.
No RL, they did have RAMSHOT powders and some Accurate.

I think I saw 4# containers of IMR4955

Last two times their powders shelves were 50-75% stocked.

I did pick up a brick of 209 primers. Haven’t caught rifle in stock, have seen small and large pistol…

Jay’s had the ammo too. Bullets a bit picked over but they did have some Nosler Hornady and Sierra.

mjcmichigan":37zzx9gm said:
jimbires":37zzx9gm said:
everything is tough for me to find locally .
Jay’s in Clare has 8# containers of H4831sc and a variety of others.
No RL, they did have RAMSHOT powders and some Accurate.

I think I saw 4# containers of IMR4955

Last two times their powders shelves were 50-75% stocked.

I did pick up a brick of 209 primers. Haven’t caught rifle in stock, have seen small and large pistol…

Jay’s had the ammo too. Bullets a bit picked over but they did have some Nosler Hornady and Sierra.

you can't beat that , the way things are .

Sorry about the brain burp…was thinking you were in MI.

mjcmichigan":293oitjv said:
Sorry about the brain burp…was thinking you were in MI.

no problem , all's good

we got together shooting today . one of the guys said he got H1000 from a bigger local gun shop this past week . this is the first I've heard of H1000 locally , since the crunch . maybe things are going to calm down a little .

Glad to hear it jimbires.

Other than primers and cases, things have pretty well stabilized by me. Small shops can't get supplies, but the bigger guys with more purchasing clout seem to be getting supplied with fair regularity. Specific brands might be missing like RL powder, or Barnes bullets, but if you can live with generic items like 30 caliber bullets or powder suitable for a 30-06 you can get it. Pricing is still high and probably will be through hunting season / spring. After that I'm hopeful.

Just got a call from a local gun shop that I had an order with for primers. They have large rifle magnum in CCI. $48 per 1000 with a 1K limit.....I didn't ask if that was per day, per week, or what. $10-$12 more than they were a yr ago isn't bad considering.

Told them to hold a brick for me. I'm more looking for standard LR, but I can make magnums work. First time locally primers have been available in about a yr.

Thanks for speaking up , Fellas . maybe we are seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel , we can only hope .

Jim, another shop at the opposite end of the county had Federal Match LR last week....a little pricey at $69 per 1K but then again they were match primers, but I wasn't that desperate. Don't know if these primers coming in are just a hit or miss anomaly or if things are loosening up on the primer front. One can hope it's the latter.

ShadeTree":3ek4i5xq said:
Jim, another shop at the opposite end of the county had Federal Match LR last week....a little pricey at $69 per 1K but then again they were match primers, but I wasn't that desperate. Don't know if these primers coming in are just a hit or miss anomaly or if things are loosening up on the primer front. One can hope it's the latter.

where are you at ?

I'm good on primers , pretty good on bullets . I'm keeping an eye out for powders I use . I'm not in the danger zone , just looking at this point .

My LGS had some Winchester LRM primers the other day, $9/100, limit 200. He also recently got some pistol primers in, the first of Amy kind in months.

He has quite a few of the "standard" Hodgdon and IMR powders but said the Alliant series is virtually unavailable now.

Ron

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I fell in love with a few RL powders , and they are tough to find .

Back