Swarovski: BRX and BRH

dezmick

Beginner
Mar 5, 2011
can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two reticle's, it looks to me like the brh is the bolder of the two and that the dots are a little bit bigger, is that true. Thanks: Mick

Mick, I think the same as you, and all the pictures I have seen of the reticles back that up.

I went and spent about 20 minutes going through the Swarovski "Ballistic Programs" trying to figure out what the difference between the BRX and BRH reticles is. It has to be only the difference netween the "X" and "H" reticles. Otherwise they seem to be the same except for the thickness of the stadia wires and dots between the wires.

I have a TDS reticle which stands for the guys's initial's (Smith) who invented it. So who knows except the Austrian's tend to be cryptic about such things.

The BRH/BRX reticles have exactly the same distances between the bars and dots. They are essentially the same except for reticle thickness.
BRX Reticle: Fine dimensions designed for Target/Varmint shooting.
BRH Reticle: Heavier dimensions offering better low light visibility for big game hunting. :shock: :shock:

BRH is a MUCH better reticle for low light hunting..

My brother has the 3-10x42 and mentioned this past weekend that he was testing it past legal hunting times. No moon, 45 past sundown. He could not see a black feeder barrel at 150 yards whatsoever with the naked eye but could see it clearly with the scope and was able to pick up the reticle fine. He said he would have had no problem shooting a deer confidently.

ccoker":2whl6nip said:
BRH is a MUCH better reticle for low light hunting..

My brother has the 3-10x42 and mentioned this past weekend that he was testing it past legal hunting times. No moon, 45 past sundown. He could not see a black feeder barrel at 150 yards whatsoever with the naked eye but could see it clearly with the scope and was able to pick up the reticle fine. He said he would have had no problem shooting a deer confidently.

Great reviews. From the Z3?

I have that same scope. I have had vx3's and conquest's but that z3 you better not forget your watch when your hunting!! :shock:

It is the first scope I have had that you can see clearly, not just too the end of shooting light, but significantly past it. :oops:

Back