Swarovski Optik - Superb Coustomer Service

ElmerThud

Handloader
Jul 16, 2011
Got my Bins. (Swarovski SLC 10x42) back tonight from Austria.
I bought them new 18 years ago & decided to send them in for an overhaul & service. They've given me great enjoyment and aided my hunting enormously during their years of hard use.
They were in a state of well used appearance, with the rubber armour looking grubby & saggy after being covered in everything from muck & blood to just getting chucked around.

Everything external has been replaced and they're like brand new.
Parts have obviously been replaced, like the focus knob, end cap and external rubber armour.
New eye pieces & lens covers front and rear.
Also looks like the lenses have been re-coated.
They've done such a fantastic refurb it's really spot on service.
They even returned them in a heat sealed bag in my own original box.
I'm so impressed with this service. Absolutely brilliant!

Charge: Not one penny - not even for postage. Superb. Swarovski deserve sincere praise.
Cheers, ET

Thanks for posting. This is a real encouragement to those of us using Swarovski. I know that I've had similar excellent service from the Zeiss repair facility in the USA. I suspect that top of the pack optics will give precisely such service. Again, thanks for posting.

ElmerThud

Good to know.
Sometimes the price paid for high qualiity stings but you get what you pay for.

JD338

Elmer, that is one of the best customer service write ups I have read in awhile. That was excellent. Thanks again for sharing and I hope to be a Swaro Owner someday! :twisted:

As you guys know, the top European optics & rifles aren't cheap. But when push comes to shove, they really can surprise with the extent of their aftersales service.
I feel sure Zeiss, Schmidt & Bender & Leica would do just the same.

However, the service Swarovski Optik provided just had to have a public thankyou from me.
Cheers, ET

That is great to hear, people have a tendency to only tell about bad service :( So it is so nice to hear about a company that puts their customers first.

Blessings,
Dan

You are right about Swaroski service. I just did the same thing with a pair of 7x30 SLC binoculars that I bought in the year 2000. I sent them back to their repair facility in Rhode Island and they cleaned and reconditioned them for no charge.

The binoculars look like they are brand new and came back with new eyepieces. This on a model they do not even manufacture any longer.

Great service, great company.

R Flowers":3heee98x said:
You are right about Swaroski service. I just did the same thing with a pair of 7x30 SLC binoculars that I bought in the year 2000. I sent them back to their repair facility in Rhode Island and they cleaned and reconditioned them for no charge.

The binoculars look like they are brand new and came back with new eyepieces. This on a model they do not even manufacture any longer.

Great service, great company.

Man, that is excellent service for sure! Way to go Swarovski.

I have usually thought of companies providing quality glass as being first rate themselves. Quality shows throughout the entire organisation.

Someday I hope to own several of the fine Swarovski optical products. I once watched a wolf feeding at over a mile through one of their spotting scopes. :shock: Amazing!

widgeon":39btppny said:
Someday I hope to own several of the fine Swarovski optical products. I once watched a wolf feeding at over a mile through one of their spotting scopes. :shock: Amazing!

They are the top of the heap. I really like the spotting scopes!

nvbroncrider":2jm8zclo said:
What was the turn around on your refurb?

For my reconditioning of my 7X30 SLC's it took just about a month. They promised to have them done in a month and they did.

The Skis and Leicas are indeed great glass for sure!

nvbroncrider":19gfogly said:
What was the turn around on your refurb?
Yup, my re-furb/service was also inside four weeks.
UK to Austria & back to UK. Just excellent. Cheers, ET

I recently discovered a scratch on the inside of one of the objective lens' of my 10x50 SLC's. I emailed SONA and the gal there emailed me back instructions and labels with postage paid to send the bino's to Rhode Island. I purchased these new in 2000. A few weeks later I got an email with tracking number stating the bino's are on their way back to me. A few days later they show up and the lenses look like new. All this at NO CHARGE. I know they are expensive but that is awesome service.

Good report, STW. Interestingly, I never thought of E-mailing Zeiss before sending a couple of scopes in the past. Perhaps they would have send postage paid labels. Still, top quality manufacturers stand behind their product.

Back