Swarovski Warranty Service

Blkram

Handloader
Nov 25, 2013
Sent my Z5 3.5-18x44P w/ BRH reticle out for service recently (Jan. 26/22) as there appeared to be something inside the ocular lense, but only noticeable when shooting paper at 100 yards on a sunny day. Got it back on Mar. 15/22, with only charge being the shipping to Rhode Island. Not bad; less than two months including the shipping by snail mail, both ways.
They replaced the ocular lenses and did some other testing and fresh nitrogen purge.
Second warranty service in the past 3 years with good results!

On the other side:

I had my smith remount my Swaro 5-25x52 into a set of Talley lightweights when the rifle was being rebarreled. He told me that the parallax adjustment seemed bound up. He was concerned enough to send it back to Swarovski himself. Swaro charged me $150 for a new tube. I bought the scope new and it has never been misused or abused. I wasn't too happy with their warrantee service.

On the other side:

I had my smith remount my Swaro 5-25x52 into a set of Talley lightweights when the rifle was being rebarreled. He told me that the parallax adjustment seemed bound up. He was concerned enough to send it back to Swarovski himself. Swaro charged me $150 for a new tube. I bought the scope new and it has never been misused or abused. I wasn't too happy with their warrantee service.
Ouch! That would leave a bad taste in one's mouth!

We went through that with a couple HD5 Zeiss scopes too. Talley lightweight rings aren't all that straight. They really need to be lapped in. The rings were bending the tubes and I'm sure that is why Swaro charged you.

We went through that with a couple HD5 Zeiss scopes too. Talley lightweight rings aren't all that straight. They really need to be lapped in. The rings were bending the tubes and I'm sure that is why Swaro charged you.
I guess I'll never know for sure but I assume that my smith checked and lapped the rings. He is a well-know, reputable guy that sponsors here.

Back