Swift 210 Scirocco 338 WM 2990FPS

My, my, my! Are those guard hairs from an elk, Scotty? Looks as if that Scirocco worked as I have witnessed in other, smaller calibres.

Perfect performance, love how those Swift Scirocco's perform on game.

gerry":3qcx83ob said:

It took me a little while to really come around to try them but man, it’s been two years in a row I’ve seen the Scirocco from a 7 RM and my 338 this year just hammer elk. Someone mentioned they were surprised they didn’t blow thru, but with what I guess is around .75” of expansion and around 120 yards an exit isn’t necessary.

I’ll upload the picture of the bullet in the hide as I found it soon.

As I've said, the Scirocco is a well-constructed bullet that does deliver the goods. The first Sciroccos could be finicky for finding accuracy, but the Scirocco II appears to be an excellent bullet that is a favourite.

SJB358":1abqhcp1 said:
gerry":1abqhcp1 said:

It took me a little while to really come around to try them but man, it’s been two years in a row I’ve seen the Scirocco from a 7 RM and my 338 this year just hammer elk. Someone mentioned they were surprised they didn’t blow thru, but with what I guess is around .75” of expansion and around 120 yards an exit isn’t necessary.

I’ll upload the picture of the bullet in the hide as I found it soon.

Ya, the wide expansion is great for killing, but also works against the bullet actually exiting the game animal. Very different from the Partition, yet very effective.

Congrats Scotty!

Guy

Scotty

That is impressive performance. That wide mushroom limits penetration but it dumps all the energy in the animal. Good show buddy.

JD338

They look like they open wide not too much differently than the Bitterroot bullets.

Should be just right in the 06.

Gerry, they really seem to open up well. I kinda like that more for hunting than out and out penetration. They really wrecked the insides and created a lot of trauma.

SJB358":149gk7ob said:

Gerry, they really seem to open up well. I kinda like that more for hunting than out and out penetration. They really wrecked the insides and created a lot of trauma.

I like that too, I don't mind giving up a bit of penetration to have a bullet open that wide and hang together. They will still penetrate far enough and maybe get caught in the skin on the far side.

gerry":23bbrbpb said:
SJB358":23bbrbpb said:

I like that too, I don't mind giving up a bit of penetration to have a bullet open that wide and hang together. They will still penetrate far enough and maybe get caught in the skin on the far side.

Exactly. Took me awhile to figure it out but exits aren’t always the answer. Tracks are very few when Bullets open up that wide and stay wide.

Would you please explain the fire-lapping process you used?
my friends .338 may benefit from this Scotty....thanks

SJB358":3273jjzk said:

So far I’m pretty impressed with them. Fire lapping really turned this old P64 around.

I feel pretty decent with that rifle shooting over a back pack. It seems to be tracking pretty true.
Absolutely nothing replaces practice from field positions! Bi-pod. pack, sitting w/ elbows on knees. The most important, offhand!!!!

lhsako":14rt8m6r said:

I bought the Tubbs Final Finish .338 bullets.

Used a minimum charge, just enough to get the coated 250 MKs down the barrel. After each series of 10, I cleaned down to bare steel before firing the next 10.

It changed that barrel for the good. Shoots everything well now and puts the 1st shot on point. Visually I could see how much it smoothed over the tool marks left behind from 1958.

I won’t hesitate to do it again on a rough Bore.

Can't believe you're going to hunt elk with those things Scotty! They look just awfully fantastic. Not bad accuracy either.

A 210 grain Scirocco at 2990 fps? Yeah, not many critters that'll stand up to that. Should put game down very quickly.

SJB358":b3qa15pk said:
lhsako":b3qa15pk said:

I bought the Tubbs Final Finish .338 bullets.

Used a minimum charge, just enough to get the coated 250 MKs down the barrel. After each series of 10, I cleaned down to bare steel before firing the next 10.

It changed that barrel for the good. Shoots everything well now and puts the 1st shot on point. Visually I could see how much it smoothed over the tool marks left behind from 1958.

I won’t hesitate to do it again on a rough Bore.
>>> thanks !

SJB those are very nice results you have with the Scirocco. The Scirocco's are very underrated IMO. Hard to ask much more than that from a bullet. I use them in my 338-06AI. The bullets pictured here were from a bull elk shot at 70yds. All were found up against the opposite side hide. 2 weighed 194gr and one weighed 195gr. Muzzle velo is 2860fps.

Attachments

• 20190411_171120.jpg
    20190411_171120.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,210
  • 20171224_144023.jpg
    20171224_144023.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,210
  • 20190411_164046.jpg
    20190411_164046.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1,204
Back