The 7-300wm is alive.

I had PTG make me a reamer 2 year ago for the 300 Win mag with a 7mm neck. Man is that one sweet round!!! I just finished the 2nd rifle a Rem 700 with a #17 1-8t Krieger, throated for the 180 Berger Hybrids in a H-S Sendero stock.......waiting to shoot it as of yet!!

The first rifle is a Rem 700 with a #5 Shilen 1-9t at 27" finished in an H-S hunting stock, with Wyatt mag and bottom metal.

In the hunting rifle I am able to push 160 gr Accubonds to 3350 fps with Retumbo and they gorup around 3/8" at 100 yards. the 180 Bergers run in the 3150 fps area, and the 150 Barnes TSX will run in the 3450 mark!!!!!

I built the second rifle for F-class competitions......seeing that everyone likes or is going to the .284 for this..........I thought why not run a bigger case with less pressure and same velocity.....in theory I should obtain beter barrel life with this combination!!!

For the reloading process I use a .300 win mag FL sizer for the "body" die and the 7mm Rem mag neck die for the main work. Kinda cheated and made a "poor Mans" comp 3 die set!!!!!

Nice thing about this "wildcat" is brass is easy to find here in Canada, and you can add life to an old 7mm Rem mag by just running in the reamer and loading some ammo!!!

You can always do a .30-.375 Ruger Scotty. Just order the reamer for the .30 and then buy a .338 neck and throating reamer to do yours and Brians .338-.375 Ruger. You'll still be able to use the .338's FL dies for the bidy die and use a Hornady neck die for the .30. Any generic Hornady .30cal magnum dies will seat the bullets. Presto you've got a .30cal boomer too.

I am not sure if I want another 30 though.. Not sure what to do actually...

Back