The Government Just Won't Give Up!

Too inhumane to the bears.
Yes, it would seem to be animal cruelty to introduce bears into a city that is supposed to be handgun free (IIRC) and yet is one of America's cities with the highest rate of murder and gun related crimes!

It has been stated that many areas are seeing these animals expand back into areas that they once inhabited but have extirpated from as they overpopulate the nearby regions where they still exist.
With the growing population in BC, I would think that there are bears moving south of the border into Washington, since they do not seem to recognize international borders. And the bears do not seem to be hindered by Georgia Strait separating BC's mainland from Vancouver Island as they are now found on the Island where they supposedly did not inhabit before. So I would also imagine that bears are moving from Montana and Idaho into Washington too?

Yes, it would seem to be animal cruelty to introduce bears into a city that is supposed to be handgun free (IIRC) and yet is one of America's cities with the highest rate of murder and gun related crimes!

It has been stated that many areas are seeing these animals expand back into areas that they once inhabited but have extirpated from as they overpopulate the nearby regions where they still exist.
With the growing population in BC, I would think that there are bears moving south of the border into Washington, since they do not seem to recognize international borders. And the bears do not seem to be hindered by Georgia Strait separating BC's mainland from Vancouver Island as they are now found on the Island where they supposedly did not inhabit before. So I would also imagine that bears are moving from Montana and Idaho into Washington too?
Wait, undocumented bears? What's this world coming to?

Back