The last firearm you would ever get...

salmonchaser":3kfw1p1d said:
Ha, I had a ranch hand in 45lc. Traded it for a good fly rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You felt guilty too, didn't you. :oops: :) It was that ridiculous short "mare's leg" stock. how do you hold that thing.....?!?!?? When you shoot from a wheelchair there isnt even a hip to shoot from. A couple shots off my belly were enough to convince me it had no use whatsoever. Nice trade! CL

An impulse buy, those are always bad. The fly rod didn't last the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blkram":2lunl0gr said:
Gerry, Weatherby did build the Mark V Ultralight Accumark in 270 Wby at one time (late 90's-early 2000's) as I had the first one ever imported into Canada after it was first introduced. Might take some looking to find one. It was accurate with factory Weatherby ammo, but the action was rough and "clunky", and when another rifle purchase required extra funds, it was traded off.

To clarify, you can get an Ultralightweight, or you can get an Accumark. It's one or the other. As Gerry noted, the ULW is currently only available in LH in a few chamberings. It's available in RH in ALL of their calibers. I suspect that you had a RH rifle in 270 Wby Magnum?

FYI, recently picked up an Accumark that the previous owner sent off for the complete Teflon treatment. Talk about a slick action - Wow.

Dr Vette,

Looking at the post I see that I forgot to state " left-handed" for that ULW Accumark in 270 Wby, the first one ever imported into Canada after introducing it in the late 90's-early 2000's (do not recall exact year I purchased that firearm).

Last one ever? Make mine an Al Biesen in 270 Winchester. It’s the quintessential Jack O’Connor rifle. Yup, that’s my unicorn.
V/R, Joe

35 Whelen said:
This would make a great final note.....
Just scoping up a Sako model 85M with a Leupold Vx3i 4.5x14 in 30mm with side focus,CDS, windplex, OptiLock mounts, what a wicked nice out fit! Super light weight, perfect balance, handsome rifle ! Highly recommend!IMG_2097.JPG

EOD DIVER!
Would this work for ya????? Biesen Checkering pattern in placeIMG_2095.JPG

Earle, maybe I missed it but what are those two rifles chambered in? Both are beauties but at the opposite end of the spectrum :) Would be proud to own either one............

Back