The transition is complete.

Leslil

Beginner
Mar 20, 2012
I got tired of toting around a all steel Browning BPS 12ga slug gun for deer season. Then came spring and I swapped barrels to a rifle sighted 20.5" turkey barrel for. Last year I sold the BPS and picked up a FN SLP gas operated slug gun and a old Win 1300 turkey gun. The FN brought me my best buck and the 1300 has 5 birds under its belt. The FN was still heavy and the 1300 kicks like a mule.
The 20ga addiction.
I sold the FN and picked up a Browning Silver 20ga slug gun back during the spring. Talk about a unicorn, but I found it after 3 years.
Well last weekend I was in Nashville. I ended up picking up 2 boxes 3" Hevi #7, 2 boxes Federal 3" heavyweight #7, 3 boxes Federal heavyweight 3" #6, 3 boxes Federal heavyweight 2 3/4" #7, and I placed a order for a Sumtoy 562-5 turkey choke for a Rem 870 20ga.
Well sense I had all this ammo and a choke with nothing to put it in, I had to pick this one up today.

Talk about shotguns multiplying! :shock: Looks like a great acquisition. (y)

Very nice. My best friend runs a Winchester SX3 20 gauge slug gun. Very decent shooting slug gun.

That's a cool pair of shotguns. I am still in need of a good bird killer!

I got my Sumtoy the other day. I'm impressed!! 145 Heavyweight #7's in 10" at 40 yards. Hevi Magblend went 125 in 10" with 1/4oz. less shot.

Back