Thompson Center Venture Predator ?

Encouraging report! One and a half at 300 has to put a smile on the face of the most dour gun crank.

Scotty,
That is that same old load I was using in the Ruger for last couple winters, its just 46.5 gr of 414 and a 70 gr Nosler Varmageddon......
20170117_074556_Burst01.jpg
. Fired 15 with WD 40 slobering beteen every shot and rag oht thru every shot. Then had it dailed in so ran dry patch thru and fired three , and shot an actually 1.6" group from center to center. I was hyper happy with that!!!! This gun is nice, it actually weighs the same as my old model 70. I still want a 6.5 and if TC had one I would grab it right now! I really am impressed with this but they for some reason dont seam to be interested in the Creedmoor bandwagon.
So just for fun I am gonna grab an American Predator and try 800 n 1000 yd stuff this winter and see if I stay interested if not I will sell the Anerican . If I really get into it I might just build a 6.5/06. (y)

I think you will also be happy with the 6.5 in the American Predator. The stock ain't great, but it can shoot. I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a predator in 223. Cool rifle E, for the bucks.

I still like my 6.5 Swede but if I were buying another small 6.5 it would likely be a Montana or Hunter in the 6.5 CM.

Well I do like this white camo finish for what we do with a 243 off snowmobles. So all and all I am real pleased with the T/C! I still have my plate at 525 and am putting up another at 700 over on the point. And to the far side of the lake its right at 1000 yards so will see if we can stretch the little Creedmoor out just for some fun ,while its below zero!
I will be sure and post a comparison between the TC and the American. I certainly like the stiffness of the Venture stocks, and the fluted barrel. So will be fun to fool around with those slippery darn 6.5 bullets again as its been over
15 years since I sold dads old 6.5x55. :cry:

35 Whelen":3lqyybsu said:
Well I do like this white camo finish for what we do with a 243 off snowmobles. So all and all I am real pleased with the T/C! I still have my plate at 525 and am putting up another at 700 over on the point. And to the far side of the lake its right at 1000 yards so will see if we can stretch the little Creedmoor out just for some fun while its beliw zero!

That sounds like a ton of fun.

Well T/C must be monitoring this site as they
Just announced that they will now be shipping
The Compass, and Ventures in 6.5 CM!!!!! Lol

35 Whelen":254cbzlt said:
Well T/C must be monitoring this site as they
Just announced that they will now be shipping
The Compass, and Ventures in 6.5 CM!!!!! Lol

I just saw that myself...

Their Weathershield looks like a nice rifle..

Venture is Working out perfect for our new deal, chasing them with dogs!
photo0_9.jpg

35 Whelen":v0no5hd1 said:
Well get your butt up here!

Roger that!!! Man, we are going to have to talk E. I have wanted to run dogs after yotes for awhile.

You got anything that will kill one????
You can always borrow the Patriot!!!!! Lol

35 Whelen":2g7mpqok said:
You got anything that will kill one????
You can always borrow the Patriot!!!!! Lol

I might be able to find something... Maybe? :lol:

Back