Thoughts on the 6.5 creed.

jr1968

Beginner
May 20, 2007
What is everyone's thoughts on the creed?

This cambering has really got me thinking, maybe I need one.

jr1968.

jr1968":1jgq6xfh said:
What is everyone's thoughts on the creed?

This cambering has really got me thinking, maybe I need one.

jr1968.

It mirrors almost exactly a cartridge I've been sweet on since I inherited a Norwegian Krag in 6.5x55 back in May of 1984, when I was 15.
I'm getting me a Ruger American Predator Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor as soon as I sell, or help another client buy a house.
That's how much I like the caliber.
Ever since then, I've been a 6.5mmm junkie! LOL

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

It's a very versatile round for medium game hunting and long range target hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the 6.5's. That's all I've hunted with exclusively since 2008. The 260 Rem, 6.5x55, and now the 6.5 creedmoor. All proved to be very accurate with the creedmoor shooting the tightest. But that could just be the rifle. They all shoot flat and hit way out of proportion to their size. All 3 were very easy to find accurate loads for.

Cleveland48":1o5zmssz said:
Love the 6.5's. That's all I've hunted with exclusively since 2008. The 260 Rem, 6.5x55, and now the 6.5 creedmoor. All proved to be very accurate with the creedmoor shooting the tightest. But that could just be the rifle. They all shoot flat and hit way out of proportion to their size. All 3 were very easy to find accurate loads for.

Couldn't agree more!

Just pulling your leg Thebear_78!

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

I like mine!

Attachments

• 20150515_155000.jpg
    20150515_155000.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,121
  • 20150515_155004.jpg
    20150515_155004.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,121
  • 20150515_154944.jpg
    20150515_154944.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 1,121
  • 20150515_154937.jpg
    20150515_154937.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,121
I'll gladly take anything you would like to donate to me Fotis! [emoji10][emoji13]

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

I have two of them. My first was a Ruger Target rifle. I have shot some insanely tight groups with it. Last summer I picked up one of the Predators as I wanted to use my suppressor for hunting. It doesn't have as nice a trigger as the target rifle. I've adjusted it down as far as it will go and it's tolerable.

It shoots the 130 grain AccuBond into sub 3/4" groups with enough RL 17 to run at 2900 FPS.

The Creedmoor sells itself. It's low recoiling, efficient, and capable.

Here's a old article on the medium sized 6.5 cases that is worth a read. http://demigodllc.com/articles/6.5-shoo ... dmoor/?p=5

There were several guys that shot the RPR 6.5 Creedmore this summer at our 600 yard f-class matches. Most were newer shooters that used bipods for a front rest and were not competitive with the purpose built rifles that are used for competitions, but they could hold the 9/10 ring fairly well. Improving the trigger would help a lot.

I like the 6.5X47 better, mainly because of the brass available from Lapua with small primer pockets. Primer pockets are still tight after 6-8 firings using CCI450's and H4350 at 41.3 grains with a 140 grain bullet. One of my match rifles is built in the 6.5X47, along with a pre-64 model 70 that is collecting dust waiting for a grandkid to come along and start hunting.

I think the Creedmore will gain more popularity as more rifle manufacturers chamber for it and people interested in shooting matches or longer distances without having to buy custom built rifles are out there.

Just read a couple articles on the 6.5's in "rifle" magazine. In the "Walnut hill" feature I read that the creedmore was based on a 250 Savage improved case. :) :) :) gotta be good.....CL Good reads. CL

cloverleaf":njt6lbgc said:
Just read a couple articles on the 6.5's in "rifle" magazine. In the "Walnut hill" feature I read that the creedmore was based on a 250 Savage improved case. :) :) :) gotta be good.....CL Good reads. CL

Yes, you are correct!
The 30TC and 6.5 Creedmoor are based off the old Savage .250-3000 and .300 Savage brass, modernized and blown out.

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

The Hornady cases do suffer from short lifespan, 4-5 reloads before the primer pockets get too loose. The Nosler brass I have has extremely tight pockets although I'm still cycling through the Hornady and haven't gotten to use any Nosler stuff yet.

I see that Timney is making triggers for the American now so I'm going to pick one up.

Seems I hear a lot about the primer pockets in the Hornady cases only lasting a few loadings before the primer pockets go. Have not tried nosler yet. Have not made that many loadings yet. Wonder who makes the brass in the Winchester loadings?

There's nothing magical about the Creedmoor. I suspect it's increasing popularity can be attributed to several things. First, folks like "new" stuff. The chambering remains fairly new. Initially the ammo made for it was primarily match grade ammo. The first guns made for it were generally target type rifles. Consequently the Creedmoor developed a strong reputation for accuracy. There are good bullets available in 6.5 as well.

Paul Barnard":2eiwgya9 said:
There's nothing magical about the Creedmoor. I suspect it's increasing popularity can be attributed to several things. First, folks like "new" stuff. The chambering remains fairly new. Initially the ammo made for it was primarily match grade ammo. The first guns made for it were generally target type rifles. Consequently the Creedmoor developed a strong reputation for accuracy. There are good bullets available in 6.5 as well.

6.5mm bullets have been around a long time. The 6.5 Jap, and 6.5x55 have been on these shores for well over 50 years now.
The 6.5 Creedmoor duplicates the 6.5x55 almost perfectly. It's not flashy, or has a thunderous boom. It just plain works. The 6.5mm are gifted with high ballistic coefficients and sectional densities, so you don't have to start them as fast to have them fly as flat, or dig deeper. They just naturally do it on their own.

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

I got my Timney for the Predator and it is a really easy install and excellent results. I ordered it with a 2lb pull and that is what they sent me. I never cared much for the blade triggers anyway.

Back