Tikka rifles

skinner313

Beginner
Dec 21, 2010
Anyone have much experience with Tikka rifles.I'm a remington fan but thinking of getting the wife a Tikka t3 lite in 270 winchester

The Tikka is a well made and accurate rifle. I have always been a Remington fan but there seems to be some real quality issues with Remington these days.

JD338

Most of my remingtons are pre 2001.The newest is a 700 sps .204 haven't reloaded for it yet.When i bought the gun i got a box of federal premium 39 grain sierra blitzkings shot 5 shots into one ragged hole,stuck with them never tried anything else.

My M700's are all older like yours and they shoot great. My 700 LSS 338 RUM has the dreaded J Lock!
Your 204 Ruger is a shooter. The factory load you shoot is good. You could always load for it and try to improve those groups. :mrgreen:

JD338

skinner313,

The Tikka T3 is a well-built rifle. I've shot quite a number of Tikkas during the past several years; all produced accurate groups without a great deal of effort. I would highly recommend a Tikka to anyone looking for a good rifle that shoots well.

I have a Tikka T3 lite in 270 WSM and it is light for caliber, fast and accurate once I got the over-all length issue worked out. It liked the AccuBond loaded out as far as I could and still feed from the magazine. The removable magazines are about $75 @ but I watched on Gunbroker and got a pack of 3 for $25. They work great. I kind of bought the gun on a lark because I wanted something in 270WSM caliber and the price was right. I'm very glad I did. I have yet to really wring out the long range accuracy but I have just cleared a 6-24x40 Bushnell 4200 from a rifle I sold and it's going on the Tikka. I'll report on it's full accuracy potential as soon as weather permits.
Greg

Tikka Sako Savage.

The most accurate out of the box rifles. Love them!

My buddy has a Tikka in a .325 WSM and it's a great rifle. I don't think you can go wrong with one. After-all, they are made by Sako!

David

6mm Remington - When did Tikka put out a 325 WSM in the T-3 ? I thought it would eventually happen but hadn't heard

Tikka T-3's are awesome rifles BUT you might think twice before trying one in .338 Win Mag - the 270 WSM T-3 is "scary accurate" (with factory ammo !)

backcountryhunter":3dweo7bv said:
6mm Remington - When did Tikka put out a 325 WSM in the T-3 ? I thought it would eventually happen but hadn't heard

Tikka T-3's are awesome rifles BUT you might think twice before trying one in .338 Win Mag - the 270 WSM T-3 is "scary accurate" (with factory ammo !)

Honestly, I'm not sure what Model his Tikka is backcountryhunter, I just know it's the stainless model with the black sythetic stock. I thought that was the T-3, maybe I have mispoken. I worked up two loads for his with 200 gr. Accubonds and 200 gr. Partitions that shoot about equally well with the Accubonds just edging the Partitions in that category. I honestly was surprised on the recoil. I didn't find it objectionable and was not quite like I had expected it to be, I thought it would be much worse. It really is a nice rifle.

I have a Tikka T3 ligtht in stainless in 30-06 and I do like it. The barrel is incredibly smooth and after shooting it takes only a few wet patches to clean, mostly carbon. It really does not get copper fouling at all. My only complaint is the cost for another magazine $60 plus for one.

Corey.

I hate my tikka t3.....

DSC00663.jpg

kraky,

I think you are right. That is a terrible rifle. I'll tell you what, just send it to me and I'll save you the shame of having to tote such a rifle to the range. :lol:

I have a really nice group with my Tikka, and for the life of me I can't find the reloading data for it, sucks.
TikkaRifletarget001.jpg

Corey

Corey,

Gonna' be hard to duplicate that. Looking on the bright side, it gives you something to work toward and permits lots of experimentation.

JD338":28x1fai5 said:
The Tikka is a well made and accurate rifle. I have always been a Remington fan but there seems to be some real quality issues with Remington these days.

JD338

JD338 - I am a remington fan as well - what are the quality issues these days? (I'm not trying to argue or anything - is a completely honest question)

It has been frustrating trying to find a load that shoots that well again. But that is the life of a reloader I think.

Corey

bob_dobalina":1ykdl196 said:
JD338":1ykdl196 said:

JD338

JD338 - I am a remington fan as well - what are the quality issues these days? (I'm not trying to argue or anything - is a completely honest question)

Bob, I like Remington rifles and I really like their CDL line of rifles. I have a 35 Whelen that is a tack driver and my son's 243 which is a M700 Youth ADL. It shoots very good also. I just recently sold a BRAND new CDL 25-06 that would not keep 3 shots on a 8.5x11 sheet of paper. It was scoped with a Leupold 2.5x8 in Dual Dovetail mounts. Pretty sharp rifle. I ended up having to put pillars in it and glad bed it in order for it to shoot. It did turn around and shoot decent with 100's and 115's. I was just mad as heck that an out of the box rifle, that cost as much as it did and wouldn't keep its shots within 12" of one another. I would post the targets, but they are horrible. Also, the firing pin fit was soooo sloppy it looked like everything I shot through it was going to blow primers. It cratered them something fierce. Not a huge deal, but it just wasn't right. My other CDL is a good shooter.

I have been hearing of a few folks on here that love their Remingtons, but have seen the finish is not really up to snuff, and they have had tons of issues with their rifles. Granted, there are alot of guys that bleed green, and I still like them, and think they build a very sharp looking rifle, but the worksmanship is kinda shoddy if you really look at them. Granted, there are issues with other rifles, just Remington has been hitting the big time lately. Another note, on my son's rifle, the Safe / Fire engraving is marked crooked? I know, picky, but still, is it really that hard to make sure the letters are engraved/punched straight? Sorry, this is just my take. I won't bash them horribly, but I had issues with a new shotgun and they basically had no remorse for me on it. Just don't think I should have to eat crow in order to shoot a good rifle. Scotty

Back