Tikka T3

I don't have one but a friend does in .300 WSM. It seems to shoot extremely accuratley. He has been trying out Federal and Winchester factory loads with the 180gr. AccuBond and is very happy with the results. He plans on using it for and upcoming Elk hunt in Montana.

I have two pre T3 Tikkas...223 & 7-08 SS/syn. Great rifles !! Accurate & fit & Finnish excellent. The T3s are one action length now, opposed to long & short before. Barrels...same as the 75 Sako, and assembled in the same factory. Some complain about the plastic trigger gaurd. My only complaint is replacement magazine cost...about $60 retail. I wish...they would put a laminated stock on their new Varmint T3...I would have one in a minute. 'Tikka' in Finnish, means 'Woodpecker' they hit the same hole over and over !! Try one.........

Dog Buster":2e6uu0f1 said:
I wish...they would put a laminated stock on their new Varmint T3...I would have one in a minute. ..

Both here in Canada and in the UK we have the grey laminated stock heavy barrel varmint version of rhe T3.

tac

I want one !!!!!! 223 of course !! I sent Beretta an e mail when I first learned of the new T3 Varmint SS. Asked when/if would be available in USA in Lam/SS.......never heard back.........The Tikka is great.......Too bad Beretta hasn't the time to respond to consumers. I'll keep buying/building Savage rifles........but will still keep my two pre T3 Tikkas!

I have the Tikka Whitetail Hunter in 243. What a sweet rifle! Fit and finish is very good and it is an excellent shooter. Tikka rifles are getting so popular in my area that the shops can't keep them in stock. The T-3 rifles are also gaining a great reputation for out of the box MOA accuracy. Those Finns can sure make rifles.

Long

I had a Tikka Battue .308 Win carbine for some years, it was a Model 558 IIRC (the model before the T3 was introduced). It shares some of the same dewign features.

It had a great trigger and was very accurate. One of my friends owns it now since I brought in a new .308.

jim

I shoot a T3 hunter in 300 winmag.It loves the 165gr Baltips,.5 MOA 3-4 shot groups routinely.Took 2 deer with it this year,I plan on developing a 180gr AccuBond or 165gr Partition load this winter for it.RB

Nothing but great price/reliability/accuracy/dependability. That speaks for itself! :wink:

WOW........price is up on the Tikkas.......Beretta must have heard how much the consumer likes Tikkas.........

Our prices from the distributors are up anywhere from 40-60$$$ a rifle.

I've owned a Tikka in 300 Win Mag for over 10 years now. I bought the first one I ever saw. Like me, none of my shooting buddies had ever heard of them at that time. A few even laughed about it until I put in their hands and told them to try the action. A couple ran down to the gun shop and ordered one right away. I highly recommend it! Killed two deer with 180 gr BT this year at over 200yds. One even managed about a half a step before it tipped over.

Being a part time/hobby dealer, and gunsmith, I have had the chance to handle, and shoot quite a few Tikka's. Both the T3, and pre T3's. There is no better bang for the buck out of the factory box...even with the price increase. They are extremely smoothe, strong, accurate, and who will give you a 3# trigger from the factory anymore ? Any customers of mine looking to purchase a new rifle, are immediately directed to Tikka. All of the ones I have sold will print sub-MOA 3 shots at 100 Yds, and some closer to 1/2 MOA. I can not say enough good things, other than a ll of our domestic manufacturers should TAKE NOTE!!!!!!!!!

Being a part time/hobby dealer, and gunsmith, I have had the chance to handle, and shoot quite a few Tikka's. Both the T3, and pre T3's. There is no better bang for the buck out of the factory box...even with the price increase. They are extremely smoothe, strong, accurate, and who will give you a 3# trigger from the factory anymore ? Any customers of mine looking to purchase a new rifle, are immediately directed to Tikka. All of the ones I have sold will print sub-MOA 3 shots at 100 Yds, and some closer to 1/2 MOA. I can not say enough good things, other than a ll of our domestic manufacturers should TAKE NOTE!!!!!!!!!

I did not see the Tikka Varmit (stainless) prices on the web site. Any one have one in a 22-250? I see the rate of twist is 14". Any thoughts? Recommendations? Is there a Walnut stock for the Varmit rifle?

Hey Guys,
I have a T3 Hunter in 6.5 Swedish Mauser. Very handy little rifle for tight woods to open country. Love the smooth action.
Checkering isn't the best, rough. Overall, I would recommend this to other shooters.

Good Luck,

Scott

I had one of the T3 stainless laminate in 338 WM. I was pleased with it until one day it started shooting all over the place. Upon investigation I found that it was loose in the stock. When I went to tighten it I noticed that the stock was split. I took it out of the stock for the first time and noticed the most pathetic recoil lug set up I have ever seen. Its a little shallow groove with a free standing about 1" square of metal that loosely fits into the groove in the receiver and the stock. There is quite a bit of play and over the course of just over 100 rounds it was able to bounce around and split my stock. This setup might work with the synthetic stocks due to thier better flexibility but is far too weak for the wood stocks. I had had a muzzle break installed on my rifle so beretta wasn't interested in doing anything with it. I fixed the stock as best I could and got rid of it at quite a loss.

It was pretty accurate but I wouldn't trust the setup in anything with signifigant recoil.

I have always heard that Tikka gives you an accuracy guaruntee of 1 inch at 100 yards. Any truth to this? My gunsmith has a Tikka in 7mm Rem Mag. He loves it. Shot his bull at 700 some yards with it, shoots coyotes with it all the time out to 800 yards. He has a sheperd scope on it. Says its the most accurate out of the box gun hes ever shot. I might have to try one, one of these days.

Back