Time to do some scope mounting (on hold)

It is easier to do these projects with the right tools! Do you also have a reticle alignment kit for the vertical and horizontal setup?

Me or him? :grin:

I've got all of the right tools and then some.

Generally I can mount a scope so that you're right on and need no tweaking when you get to the range. The Burris rings are one of the "tools" I use to do this. So far my record is quite good. If it doesn't shoot where I want it, I take it back home and adjust it so that it does before spinning the turrets to make it fit.

Just a comment for some of the others, Patrick. I know that you have the tools. My record on bore sighting is totally dependent on with bore sighter that I use. The 40 YO Bushnell fossil with mandrels does not do any better than get me on paper. I should write down where these rifles do sight in at on the various grids. It also depends on the rings and bases. The Burris with the plastic eccentric collars are pretty close on zero. The Picatinney steels Warne bases and TPS rings also get me close.

The Bushnell bore sighter is a clumsy monster to get right. The Leupold magnetic bore sigter is better than the Bushnell. The best is the Laser (Sightlite 150) boresighter, it really gets me close as long as the barrel axis is coincident with the base screw's axis.

With my base and ring setup there is no adjustment. It all is in tolerance stackuop of bore and other concentric features like action ring diameter being TPI and tapped holes being on axis.. If they are not TPI, I have to make it up with the scope.

Back