TiteGroup

RL338

Handloader
Mar 23, 2017
I’ve been tasked with another project for my brother. He recently picked up a 357 Magnum in a H&R single. The powder he got is TiteGroup. Last night I watch a video with Guy on UR using TiteGroup in multiple cartridges. Has anyone else used this combo?

TiteGroup wouldn’t be my first choice but that is what he picked up. They list a 357 Magnum load on the label so he bought it. Hodgdon does have some data listed.

I wasn't entirely happy with the results I got from Titegroup with the 38 & 357 - but I think that I had issues with the brass and crimp, affecting the ES & SD.

Tried it again in some larger bore handguns and got much better results:

44magnum:
1712521049454.png

45 ACP:
1712521085556.png

45 Colt:
1712521110819.png

So... I want to try it again in the 38 and 357 with fresh brass and I just got a Lee Factory Crimp die for the 38/357. I think those dies do a great job of helping with uniformity on revolver loads. The tight SD figures I saw in the 45 ACP and 45 Colt impressed me!

Regards, Guy

How were the targets? Love that revolver. Is that a 6"? I am considering changing the barrel out on my 629, its 8 3/8", and can't decide on 6" or 4".

How were the targets? Love that revolver. Is that a 6"? I am considering changing the barrel out on my 629, its 8 3/8", and can't decide on 6" or 4".
The 629 in the post above? It's a 5" with the full length underlug. Love the balance.

It always shoots well. I just shot steel with them for this, didn't measure groups. The heavier charge of Titegroup feels great! The lighter charge seems a little wimpy, but is actually just fine and super-easy to control.

Guy

The 629 in the post above? It's a 5" with the full length underlug. Love the balance.

It always shoots well. I just shot steel with them for this, didn't measure groups. The heavier charge of Titegroup feels great! The lighter charge seems a little wimpy, but is actually just fine and super-easy to control.

Guy
Yea, I only shoot steel with hand guns, don't measure groups. I just love those N-frame revolvers.

Last edited:
Nice looking 629s.
I have owned several but could never manage the recoil from full loads and the trigger guard would beat up my fingers when the pistol would recoil. Had a Ruger Super Black Hawk flat top that I traded for a top end compound bow that I shot very well and still regret trading it . I still have the Bow but no 44mags.

I've got a 629 Classic with a 6 3/8" barrel. It's a dream to shoot and very accurate.
I really enjoy my 629's.

JD338
So I have an old 629 8 3/8" barrel. Boiught it used, had a Nikon pistol scope on it, I took it off and put the rear sught back on. I am not a fan of the 8 3/8" barrel on the .44 Mag. (I love it on the .357 nag) I am debating going to shorter barrel. Trying to find NOS, and I am not sure about length between 6" or 4". What is your personal preference. Thoughts welcomed from anyone who owned either.
Thanks

So I have an old 629 8 3/8" barrel. Boiught it used, had a Nikon pistol scope on it, I took it off and put the rear sught back on. I am not a fan of the 8 3/8" barrel on the .44 Mag. (I love it on the .357 nag) I am debating going to shorter barrel. Trying to find NOS, and I am not sure about length between 6" or 4". What is your personal preference. Thoughts welcomed from anyone who owned either.
Thanks
If it were me, I would get a 5" and be done.
I like the 3" but it's a little snappy with 240 gr full house loads.

JD338

I've got a 629 Classic with a 6 3/8" barrel. It's a dream to shoot and very accurate.
I really enjoy my 629's.

JD338
Sweet revolvers. I did shoot the shorter barreled one that belonged to a buddy, it was easy to hit cans at 25 yards with full power 240 grain reloads and its indeed snappy. I miss my stainless steel Classic Hunter 657 in .41 Magnum with the 6 inch barrel.

Guy,
Sorry I didn't mean to hijack your thread.
I'll have to give Titegroup a try in my 44's.
Good info

JD338

I’ve been tasked with another project for my brother. He recently picked up a 357 Magnum in a H&R single. The powder he got is TiteGroup. Last night I watch a video with Guy on UR using TiteGroup in multiple cartridges. Has anyone else used this combo?
Sorry, can't help ya with info on TiteGroup, never used it. I have been lurking on .357 Magnums lately, been itching to get one. using the .38 Super and .45's in autos is annoying because i lose a bunch of brass to reload. With a wheel gun, you won't have those issues, a .38 load in a .357 is nice for plinking. Those 38 wadcutters makes a nice hole.

Back