To build 03-A3 or not?

From a US Military Rifle Nut.....

I would sell the actions if you want a custom. You'll get a couple hundred each, gets you a good donor of a Win 70 or Rem 700.

Unaltered 1903A3 actions and 1917 actions are worth money. Alter them, they're not worth money.

Just a different take on it....

filmjunkie4ever":2m9w5u41 said:
If I was to build a bolt gun from the ground up I would choose the 338-06 over the Whelen purely for the extra bullet weight selection. Being a handloader this is important.

FJ, with the 225gr AB and the 250gr PT at your disposal I don't know if anybody with a Whelen would need anything else! I am with you in the bullet selection department though, 338's do rule the roost. I don't shoot much lighter than 225's, so I guess I am pretty happy with the Nosler offerings in the 35 cal.. Soon as they get their 200gr AB Protected Point (hint!) on the street I will be in hog heaven! Scotty

Thats true...I cannot argue that at all. Only saying that the 338 is more versatile because of the more bullet choices. Still a man armed with a good 225 or 250 grain Nosler in 35 caliber has little left to desire in North America! And the real reason to have a 33 or a 35 for that matter is to shoot bullets that you can't get in 30 caliber i.e. heavier than 220 grain.

Back