Trail Cam Pics

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Here are some pictures from the trail cameras my buddy has out in our hunting area. Some pretty good bucks this year by the looks of it. Scotty

MuchHorn.jpg

BigNastyHead.jpg

B9383.jpg

B9140.jpg

BigNasty.jpg

NewTarget.jpg

Scotty,

Those are some dandy bucks!

Friends don't let friends hunt big bucks alone!
Let me know when I should arrive to help ya out! :lol:

JD338

Those are awesome, yes those are some good looking bucks indeed. WOW!!! Man, I can't wait to scratch this itch I have and these pictures only make it worse. :)

Nice! Looks like at least one of those bucks has planted genetics! Pretty rare for a non-improved herd.

Best of luck during the season. may you face the hunters dilemma: take the large one now or wait for a chance at the huge one!

Made all of us envious.
Hardpan

Here are the latest bucks from the trail cam. Seems they are sticking around the area. We are using a mineral lick, but it is small piece of woods bordered by large agriculture fields and power lines.

Hardpan, thats pretty interesting what you said about planted genes. I never thought of that, I kind of thought maybe he was wounded the year before. This is Northern Va hunting area, so I guess it is possible, but there are no fenced deer farms in the area. Scotty

B12185.jpg

B12194.jpg

Now what day did you say I could come and hunt from a tree stand in that area? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those trail cameras are worth their weight in gold this year. Really giving us a good idea of what bucks are around our area. Scotty

Man Scotty, that's gotta get your blood pumping knowing they are waiting for you when you get back! I sure hope you get one of those bad boys in a couple months and hope that your time over there goes fast so you can hurry up and get in those woods!

Great photos - and a couple of dandy bucks!

I seldom saw a big buck when I lived & hunted in Virginia & Maryland 20+ years ago...

Man, those are some good-looking bucks! I'd have a heart-a-choke if ol' big nasty walked in range. Please let us look at him on the ground when you kill him. WOW, that looks like fence posts growing out of his head.

Good luck with them.

Great Pics - That split beam is going to make someone a dandy of a wall ornament :wink:

Sure wish CO would let us put out mineral licks etc

Thanks for the comments fellers! I never knew Va held some of the deer it does until I started hunting there. I saw some monsters last year with a bow and this year seems like it should be good too. I am hoping for a good buck this year, but I will take a ton of does also. Gotta get the freezer filled ya know! Scotty

beretzs":ltfcjpu9 said:
Thanks for the comments fellers! I never knew Va held some of the deer it does until I started hunting there. I saw some monsters last year with a bow and this year seems like it should be good too. I am hoping for a good buck this year, but I will take a ton of does also. Gotta get the freezer filled ya know! Scotty

Hey man, I am with you on filling the freezer, I do like deer meat and Nancy can really fix it.

We have an early doe season in Va, for urban archery which allow us to hunt for a month before buck season. Gives us some good time to get tuned up and get the kinks out. Also allows us to schwack a few does to get bloody. After that, it is primarily bucks, unless a lonely doe steps out by herself. I figure they need as much thinning as I can oblige. Scotty

Scotty -
Didn't know you were an archer too......

I think we need to start requesting some

3 blade - 100gr - AccuBlades :lol:
I'd purchase a white tipped broadhead instantly !

Powerstroke":23kgj064 said:
Scotty -
Didn't know you were an archer too......

I think we need to start requesting some

3 blade - 100gr - AccuBlades :lol:
I'd purchase a white tipped broadhead instantly !

Yes sir, I like bowhunting quite alot actually. I actually got a new bow for this coming up bow season.

http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/bows ... nd/attack/

I would take some 3 blade, 100gr Accublades in a HEARTBEAT. It actually sounds pretty cool. Those are the only broadhead I would replace my Muzzy's with though. I shoot 3 blade, 100gr Muzzy's and they have a track record like no other! Scotty

Back