Try to sell me on the M48...

I would have to say that those Nosler 48s may be the best rifle by a long shot in that price range!!!

Blessings,
Dan

SJB358":ajcojd4s said:
I agree. I think I'd love a Patriot and if things line up before I retire, I would like to have one. I really dig their rifles, and their attention to service. Plus, I know where they are if I have a problem... :grin:

It would make a perfect rifle for you in the mountains especially if having to hike any at all. Mine shoots very well at longer ranges of 400 - 600yds. Just put it to the shoulder and the cross hairs on the game and pull the trigger and game on the ground. Great trigger or should I say and awesome trigger. :)

Nosler48.jpg
[/URL]

Gas on the fire....

Ok....I'm sold....those targets bullet posted did me in...that's what I needed to see.

Nosler it is....might even get one in 280 Ackley.

You really going to get one? If so, that is cool. Good choice and good luck in your purchase and acquiring the chambering you desire. When you get it show pictures. :)

That is really cool. You won't be sorry and they have the best bar none service and care of their gun owners. :) This is exciting even though you are the one getting the rifle :mrgreen:

It'll be a few weeks before I order it....at least 2, maybe even 6....but I am gonna order me one.

Ridgerunner665":2psnukmo said:
It'll be a few weeks before I order it....at least 2, maybe even 6....but I am gonna order me one.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ridgerunner665":17l7ez1m said:
Ok....I'm sold....those targets bullet posted did me in...that's what I needed to see.

Nice move Mike...the target shots get 'em every time. :grin:

hodgeman":33m5elok said:
Ridgerunner665":33m5elok said:

Nice move Mike...the target shots get 'em every time. :grin:

+1

That's what swayed me to Pac-Nor Tubes on my customs.

OK...here's the deal.

Nosler Custom....280 AI...24" barrel...Kevlar stock (Onyx grey)...not sure yet about Cerakote color, either grey or black.

Whew...thats a lot of $$$ for a rifle...but I'm gonna do it if it takes me until this time next year!

I'm gonna be listing some stuff for sale here on the forum...30-06 stuff, help me out guys! :lol:

If it's any consolation (or perhaps a warning)... your other rifles will become unused, safe queens and you'll sell them off one by one to recoup the cost and keep you in .280AI brass and bullets.

I know, I know- crazy talk, but it happened to me. Heck, I don't remember half of what I sold to buy mine...all utterly forgettable. And I don't remember what else fell into disuse and I just parted with out of practical necessity.

Good news-the first bug hole group will move you nicely past this ugliness with the titular smithy idiot and into shooting bliss...

I don't have any other big game rifles...none of my own anyway, my wife has a 270, my son a 30-06...but the closest thing I have right now is a 243, my coyote popper.

I sold all my extra guns last year and bought a new truck, lol...

Ridgerunner665":lgm7o93w said:
I don't have any other big game rifles...none of my own anyway, my wife has a 270, my son a 30-06...but the closest thing I have right now is a 243, my coyote popper.

Well...for a "one gun hunter"....you sure are getting a NICE one!

hodgeman":1kgjfagd said:
Ridgerunner665":1kgjfagd said:

Well...for a "one gun hunter"....you sure are getting a NICE one!

I had a nice one...figured I might as well keep moving forward.

Ridgerunner665, you're getting a nice rifle! Congrats.

One thing I noticed is that there is a world of difference in the "feel" of the two different barrel contours. Worth putting your paws on one before you order if possible.

Guy

Back