Turret press...

Handloader
May 30, 2009
Just wondered if anyone here uses a turret press.If so ,do you like it? I bought a Redding T7 a while back. Just don't have room for it on my current bench.

Yep. I have the Lee turret press. I use it for all of my rifle and handgun loads. Now, I have no experience with any other press, so I can't say if it's better/worse than any other. I can say, it does what I need it to and I have got it figured out and am hesitant to change.

I use my T7 almost daily. It works very well. The only problem I encountered was that the threads on one slot on the press had to be rerun in order for some RCBS dies to fit. The threads were at the extreme of tolerance. I retapped them, and have had no trouble since.

I have the RCBS turret. Absolutely love it. I could never see going the the single press, although I know most reloaders like them.

As much as I like my RCBS I would go with the Redding if I were doing it again. That 7th hole would come in real handy. Die holes for 3 rifle calibers and one for my Hornady bullet puller. I don't use it often, but it would be nice to have one on each turret plate.

Long

I have an RCBS turret press to and its all I use. I am sending my single stage to my great nephew for a starter press for his graduation present. he can move his self up from there. this one goes to my son. .... someday!

I may retire my old Rockchucker,and put the T7 in it's place.

Back