Turret swap on a Conquest?

meatmachineman

Handloader
Jan 25, 2012
I was just wondering the feasibility/cost effectiveness of having turrets swapped out on a Conquest. Anyone with any experience on that front?

Thanks Scotty. If I had just done only the slightest bit of research first, I would have seen that I can have Zeiss swap out turrets for me as well. The gun the conquest is going on is primarily a little critter getter. Between the RapidZ800 and the calculator on zeiss' site, I should be in good enough shape to not have to mess with an elevation turret too much. I was just wanted to know in case I think it can use one down the road.

Zeiss quoted me 80.00/turret. If I wanted it I would try to find a scope that had them on it already.

I just bought a 4x14x44 Conquest without turrets on it.
Called Kenton Industries yesterday. It's $190.00 plus shipping to add turrets to it.
Cheaper to just buy one with turrets from Zeiss...

I just bought a Conquest in 3.5-10x44 last Friday. I wanted one because they are being discontinued and at least, all the non 50mm objective models, are being replaced by the Terra model. Personally, I made my decision based on: not wanting to be the guinea pig for Terra model scopes, wanting a Conquest 3.5-10x44 before they get any more expensive and not being able to find this model with turrets for less than $150 more than I paid for mine.

I got a #4 reticle. I already have a couple of TDS, BDC reticles and am not hunting much any more. I am just happy to have the Conquest scope before they disappear forever. They are already getting to be expensive on Ebay. I bought an open box Shot Show demo for less than $500 at Cameraland. I will have the scope Thursday and am very happy with it. I will just go to Kenyon if I want an elevation turret. The price of $80/turret seems equitable, although the turret might be better suited to my TDS reticle, Kahles scope?

This is probably a dumb question but I wonder if you can replace the elevation turret on the 3-9x40 conquest with standard reticle? Kenton only lists a few Zeiss options and the standard 3-9x40 isn't one of them.

Scott Spencer":1ubgq616 said:
This is probably a dumb question but I wonder if you can replace the elevation turret on the 3-9x40 conquest with standard reticle? Kenton only lists a few Zeiss options and the standard 3-9x40 isn't one of them.

Scott, I would think Kenton would work with you. I bet if you call them, they might be able to give you an answer.

You might contact Zeiss directly, as well. If Kenton cannot do it, Zeiss may be able to at least install one of their generic target turrets on it. It won't be load-matched like some of the Kenton stuff, but it will be a turret you can use in the field. Colored sight paint and a toothpick can make a regular turret very easy to use in the field like a load-matched turret.

Zeiss has target turrets for the 3-9x40 Conquest I think that they are $80. installed but I could be off on that, ask them, I am sure that they can help you

It is my understanding that to install a Kenton or other aftermarket turret, the Zeiss scopes need to be sent to Zeiss first to install their target turret. Then the Kenton or others can replace the Zeiss turret.

My Zeiss turret they installed works just fine for me and is more adaptable in case the scope gets moved to another rifle

ZEISSTURRET.jpg

I contacted Kenton today and was told to send mine down. I still have to discuss exactly what I want and how to write it but I did not get the impression that it had to go to Zeiss first. They did quote me $80 for the elevation turrent. I will be talking to them again tomorrow.

Elkman":1e33z589 said:
I contacted Kenton today and was told to send mine down. I still have to discuss exactly what I want and how to write it but I did not get the impression that it had to go to Zeiss first. They did quote me $80 for the elevation turrent. I will be talking to them again tomorrow.

Looking forward to what they tell you.

Also, like Woods did, the regular old target turret is pretty good on the Zeiss. Not sure what they charge to put one of them on, but I could have sworn it was only about 50.00...

Contacted Kenton, and there was no reason to send it to Zeiss prior to having Kenton replace the elevation turent.They will install their basic MOA turrent. It is $80 with about a 10 day turn around. It went in the mail today. It will be nice having it exactly as I want it, I could have never delt with the Zeiss standard set up. I can deal with windage but not the elevation.

Scotty

The 4.5 x 14 x 44 , nice glass. I will probably mount it on the 300 WM. I found a few online at a decent price.

It is hard to get the Conquest scopes for a good price. You scored well Bill! I should work great on a .300 WM. They are pretty recoil proof and I had mine on my .340 Weatherby for awhile with no issues.

Back