Twins?

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
My passion for the oddballs has never been concealed. For a long time now I have owned a Win 94 Big Bore AE in 356 win. I love shooting it and I have used it successfully for Texas hogs. All the time though I desperately looked for its twin to complete the set. A 307 in same format. It took a great deal of searching and finally located one (with some help) for a good price. Seller also had 7 boxes of Ammo, 5 of which were Hornady 160 gr FTX. The icing was it is unfired! Anyway took possession this week and will be shooting it tomorrow.

The 356 Win
vtYcmQZ.jpg

F4QA8A7.jpg

UD5sxWM.jpg

307 Win

glxjk9I.jpg

Ofu0TeC.jpg

Of course both safeties have been amputated! Hate those things!

A great cartridge in a fine rifle, Fotis. I owned two of the .307s. I gave one to my grandson and sold the other to a young friend who really wanted that rifle. I've had three Model 94s chambered in 375 Win and still have three model 94s chambered in 356 Win, having sold or given away a couple. I've taken moose, elk, black bear, grizzly, and mule deer with the 356. It is a favourite cartridge. You picked up a beautiful rifle in a most useful cartridge.

That's a great find Fotis, congratulations.
Another oldie but goodie.

JD338

Does the new 307 have angle eject? Admittedly, I know very little about Winchester rifles.

Great find. Glad you could get some ammo for it too.

Yes sir absolutely. This is the only reason I do not own a 375 Big Bore. They eject straight back.

I never worried about the ammo availability really. I played with my 356 Win in the 90's and figured out I can make 307/356 Brass from 444 Marlin!

The 375 Win did come in AE if I recall correctly...so you do need to get the triple threat! Then you would have triplets!

I did have all 3 at one time! Was fun!
(also had the 356 and 375 in Marlin)
Downsized some of my lever actions as I am building the fund for the father/daughter archery antelope/elk hunt in Colorado this fall.
Still have the 94 BB 356 and 375, and Marlin 375 Win. Although the 94 BB 375 Win is up for sale for the hunt fund.
Will never sell the Marlin 375 as I have had it longer than any other rifle in my battery and I have taken a fair amount of moose and bears with it, plus my first caribou. And the 356 was a gift from the good Dr.

Last edited:
Great Find and very nice looking rifles.
I had an older Marlin 336 in 30-30 when the 307 first came out and Winchester got the bullets mixed upped in manufacturing ammo, the Marlin bore was .308 and wouldn't shoot the Winchester 30-30 brand ammo, key holed at fifty yards. I discovered the problem after missing several deer with it. Remington and Peters ammo shot great thru the Marlin.

For a second I thought you were asking who all "has Twins"? ha My Twin girls will be 50 this coming June!!!

Great find there Uncle Fotis! I had a BB 375, and a BB 444. Never really hunted either one, shot them alot though!

The 375 Win did come in AE if I recall correctly...so you do need to get the triple threat! Then you would have triplets!
I have never seen one in AE configuration with it being drilled and tapped for scope use.

I do not like the off center side mounted stuff.

I have never seen one in AE configuration with it being drilled and tapped for scope use.

I do not like the off center side mounted stuff.
I've had two in 375 Win and AE configuration.

I've had two in 375 Win and AE configuration.
Were they factory drilled and tapped for scope use like the 307/356? (as in directly over the ejection port?)

Back