Two Mausers for me..

Rigbymauser

Handloader
Nov 3, 2012
I have just bought a Mauser 66S in 6,5x68 and a Mauser M410b .22Lr in Germany.

Mauser66

Mauser 410b

I have handled many Mauser66 in time but never fired one. I have had the itch for a 6,5x68Schüler for many years but never could find the platform for this cartridge. The Mauser66 was one of the most Expensive rifleprojects the Mauser factory in Oberndorf went through. The made only about 70000 of them before shutting down. It was too expensive to produce and an expensive rifle to buy. Today they can be picked up for a candy compared to what they ought to cost. The Mauser66 action is very versatile action eating just about any cartridge from .460wea to .22-250 with COL up to 3,75". One can switch barrels and etc. The scopemounting is done on the barrel rather than on the action like a Blaser rifle.

Fotis nailed the praise on that particular rifle. And the 6.5X68 is one cartridge that I have seriously considered. Maybe after I get my hands on my 8X68.

I saw a strange looking Mauser in the local gun shop where I'll have the M70 transferred. It was a commercial sporter chambered in 250-3000. It was a short action with a peep and fold down Marble sight so you could us the peep. It had a bolt cocking knob and a tang safety. The LGS said it was a 1920 model or made around 1920. Wish I had taken a picture of it.

Maybe a Savage model 1920?

They did make a short action bolt such as you described!

I've never seen one in person but I hear they were quite a rifle!

I like a Mauser.
Great rifles RM. Fotis called it perfectly. Exquisite. You just stuck up that 6.5x68 just to torture me, huh? :grin: great cartridge also.

filmjunkie4ever":1oqzr8cx said:
Maybe a Savage model 1920?

They did make a short action bolt such as you described!

I've never seen one in person but I hear they were quite a rifle!
That's what it is a Savage Model 20. Just googled it and the pictures are the same. (y)

Very cool! That 6.6x68 is one awesome cartridge. Congrats on the pair. Look like beautiful rifles.

Rigby, great looking rifles sorry if I cut in on your post it spurred my memory of the one I had recently seen.

Back