Updating the loading bench, part 1: powder measures

BK

Handloader
Dec 14, 2008
BK, if you already have the Uniflow, I don't know how much improvement the Redding will be. They both are pretty great pieces of kit. I would look at the Hornady or RCBS electronic powder thrower. That would be a great upgrade. Don't get me wrong, I like the Redding and have the Uniflow, but the newer electronic ones are pretty sweet. Scotty

Mike, do you have one? Just wondering, looks pretty interesting. I can't seem to pony up for the electronic measure as my old Uniflow, RCBS 10-10 and trickler work so well together and since I don't load a ton of volume, I get by. The electronic scale and dispenser is not too far out though. You can only hold out for so long! Scotty

I've put off buying this particular piece of equipment for the past several years. However, when I do pick up another powder measure, this will be the one I get.

I have the RCBS electronic dispenser... she works great, not real fast but very accurate.
When I was snooping around for a powder measure a year ago, I called the fellas at Sinclair International and they recommended the Redding BR3 or the Harrell custom 90. I trust those guys as they have never steered me wrong and I have asked plenty of questions. So I still have the RCBS uniflow I bought 30 years ago and plan on buying a Harrell soon. CW

http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/sid=7 ... ER_MEASURE

DrMike":1bhbmorj said:
If you truly think you want an upgrade, consider the best powder measure I've seen:

http://www.quick-measure.com/

Yeah, Doc, I was scoping that one out as well. One of the web pages I was looking at had a comparo with the BR3.

Bonus points for being made in the PNW!

beretzs":mwyg4k2k said:
BK, if you already have the Uniflow, I don't know how much improvement the Redding will be. They both are pretty great pieces of kit. I would look at the Hornady or RCBS electronic powder thrower. That would be a great upgrade. Don't get me wrong, I like the Redding and have the Uniflow, but the newer electronic ones are pretty sweet. Scotty

Scotty, I'll look into the RCBS. I can't say I'm interested in getting any more Hornady equipment. What little I have hasn't really impressed me. I can't say that there's anything wrong with it, just like the Redding, RCBS and Forster stuff more.

Back