Visitor this morning

Teknys

Handloader
Jan 14, 2008
My wife thought our “Shop/Barn” cat was saying good morning by putting its paws on the window where her inside cat was sitting. When she walked over…. well it was a visitor.

That was cool and all but our little resident mama deer freaked out with her fawn in the brush nearby. That cat started approaching the deer and it was game on. Doe stomping and snorting trying to pull it away and the cat getting closer and closer. My wife was starting to get upset about the whole thing so I went out and shot the ground in front of the cat with a 22, who could care less that I was walking towards it. As I yelled at the shot it launched 5 feet in the air and out of the yard he went with mama in pursuit. She stomped and kept going into the draw making sure he was gone for probably an hour.

Out came the fawn and all was right with its world.

We all realize it’s nature, but in my yard it’s a sanctuary.

First season that we didn’t have bear in the yard looking for fawns. Seen them in the canyon but not at my elevation.

I have a pic of Mama raccoon and babies the size of pop cans the other day but pics aren’t worth posting.

Attachments

• IMG_4978.jpeg
    IMG_4978.jpeg
    740.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4980.jpeg
    IMG_4980.jpeg
    620.3 KB · Views: 18
Back