Vortex Viper PST

Thanks for the pic, Mike. I have to say, it looks a little bit like a snake, right after feeding time... :)

It looks a little bit like a snake, right after feeding time...

Now, that is funny! You see how it's looking at the duck? And the duck is wooden! Surprisingly, it isn't too awkward, but i must confess that it doesn't look all that attractive perched atop that little '94. I'll make an effort to get out and wring it out a bit at the range next week. I do like the lighted reticle, however. It works quite well.

It looks great on that .375 Winc. It ought to be a nice little scope for use up to 125 yards on whatever you want to use it on. It looks the right size for that rifle to be used by one of we unsightful older guys to hunt with.

Just got word that my 6-24x50 arrived at the Casa de BK... the day after I left. Well, my pile of unmounted scopes is growing again, so I may need to make another list of what is supposed to go where... and order more mounts.

I have to say I have enjoyed my PST's. Yes all 5 of them. I stayed with one size at this point. I am using the 6-24x50 FFP units. The track great. Vision is outstanding and it has gone back to zero after doing a box test during different shooting sessions. I just got a Razor 5-20x50. That one I have not had out as of yet but during the install and looking at the zero stop system they use on it all I can say is wow. Much different setup for the zero stop then the shim kits that come with the PST's. I am very happy to have every one of them.

The Razor is some serious glass, that's for sure. You'll have to show us a picture of your scopes.

I will post some pics as soon as we get a weather break and I can get out to shoot. I mounted the Razor on my M24 today. Took off the PST from it and moved it to my Remington VLS 22-250 and I messed up one of the PST's is a 2.5x10 on my .338. It is a 6.5-284 that has the other PST mounted. I am thinking of maybe getting a 12 Palma this summer and it will get one of the other PST's. I will post as I get them done. Stand by. LOL

Just received my PST 4-16x50 SFP with the EBR-1 MOA reticle and thought I'd post some pics and initial thoughts on it.

The scope feels very robust and sturdy in the hand. The turrets are nice and firm and have a very subtle audible click, nothing more than needed and would be quiet enough as to not spook any close by game if out hunting. They also have plenty of grip thanks to the knurled portion of the knobs. Parallax adjustment seems well marked from 50-500 yards.

I really like the magnification zoom ring. It has markers at 16x, 8x, 5.3x, 4x with each marked stop also having an indent that is felt when turning the ring. Each of these raised markers are visible from the shooting position without having to move your head too much and on the reverse side is a number that allows you to use the reticule for ranging at these magnifications.

The illumination dial is well thought out with off positions located between each number so you don't have to dial through the entire range to get to where you want it. Just leave it between the numbers that you typically use.

And so far I think I really like the EBR-1 reticle. Should make using holdovers quite easy and fast.

Reticle illuminated

Optics seem nice and bright and clear. Hopefully after I lay the smack down on a coyote tomorrow morning I'll swap this scope onto my 338 Lapua and get it dialed in and see how she does. Let me know if you have any questions about the scope that I didn't cover.

Wow- Very nice report! Looks like a quality piece of gear. Seems like it would be right at home on the big 338!

Here are two of my rifles as I said I would post.
First one is a M24 with the Vortex Razor 5-20x50 FFP and the second one is a Remington 22-250 VLS with a Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP. Hope you like what you see.

431985_10150580100779839_762104838_8790206_462827897_n.jpg

404845_10150580114659839_762104838_8790244_520527653_n.jpg

The Razor is quite a scope. I almost bought one recently; I felt it compared very favourably to my Swarovski Z6s.

That is funny. One of my customers is a SB owner and major fan. I asked him to look at mine and he did and then asked if we could go outside. We did and once he was done looking through it he was really happy with it. He said he was going to have to get one. Found out the other day he did. LOL

Back