VV Powder

AzDak42

Handloader
Jan 26, 2012
I tapped into my last keg of N320 and I'm starting to wonder where my next 'fix' is going to come from...

Anyone have an update on when we can see VV back in stock? Anyone else think that they will soon be soon contemplating standing at the crossroads and making a bad deal with a man from warmer climates just to get their hands on some?

Seems like we aren't going to be too far from starting up horse trading to make it all happen.

"Psst buddy.. I have a 8 pounder of Varget, got any 9mm pistol powder?..."

I was told the other day that Homeland Security is a source of holdup on importing. Seems there has been a change in port rules, permitting only so much volume of powder on the docks or in harbour at any given time. Thus, ships are being required to offload a portion and then transit to another port. If this is accurate, it would mean increased cost and delays in movement to the firms that repackage. This will effect all powders, as few are actually manufactured in North America. Many of the powders have their origin in Australia and Europe. I have seen the projection that the delays in delivery will continue at least through 2015, despite the companies working hard to get product into the pipeline. Do you think the elections in 2014 are important? Only if you want to see a change in freedoms and access to materials.

I've been told basically the same thing about powder shipments. That
they ship in 30k containers and ports will only allow so much. I did find
some Varget at a LGS and the production date was Feb. of this year. I don't
think it sat very long in Kansas before being packaged.

Back