VX-6 3-18x44

runtohunt

Handloader
Mar 7, 2012
Spoke with a Leupold rep today about the scope. He says that we won't likely see it until August at the earliest :( . Really wanting to put on on my STW.

When you get it, I'm certain you will enjoy it. I have a 2-12X42, and it is a fine scope.

You, good Doctor, are the main reason I'm thinking about putting a 2-12x on something... maybe my EW .300 WSM?

The 3-18x would be cool as a replacement for my .204.

I don't know that I should take the fall for that, Kurt. I suspect that you'd look for quality regardless. Nevertheless, the VX6 is a fine scope. There are instances where the extra magnification is handy, that's for certain.

DrMike":3p4frvty said:
I don't know that I should take the fall for that, Kurt. I suspect that you'd look for quality regardless. Nevertheless, the VX6 is a fine scope. There are instances where the extra magnification is handy, that's for certain.

A good word from people you trust goes a long way, Doc.

Besides, if a guy as blind as you make them work...

Beware of Leupold and target dates for VX6's, lol.

Last year, they told me June, then July, then September, then late September, then no, August!, then October......and on and on.....finally I gave up and bought a NOS VX7. Good thing, the scope was for a rifle I wanted to hunt with, and it wouldn't have had a scope if I'd stuck it out for the VX6.

Just be prepared for Leupold to possibly push that back.....

I am interested in buying a scope in that magnification range. Does anyone here have any experience comparing the VX-6 glass with the Swarovski Z5. I wonder if if there is significant differences between the two. The Swaro retails for about $600 more. I can always spend the rest in reloading supplies :mrgreen:

While the Swaro might be a better scope, I feel that the extra 600 could be used for a lot of other things, i.e., new action to build at 280ai. I have no complaints about the Leupold. I have them on all of my rifles except two.

runtohunt":1j9wmz7k said:
While the Swaro might be a better scope, I feel that the extra 600 could be used for a lot of other things, i.e., new action to build at 280ai. I have no complaints about the Leupold. I have them on all of my rifles except two.
+1. That $600 would go a long way toward another scope or rifle.

Back