Waiting and Wanting

filmjunkie4ever

Handloader
May 4, 2011
Due to the fact that my wife and I are just about to make a major move to another state, I have kept my "gun blinders" on every time I was in any of my local sporting goods outlets. About two weeks ago I spied a well used Springfield '03 SN (59XXX) sporter. It was a sporterized from military stock. It was drilled and tapped for a Weaver side mount (included). Someone had installed a two position aftermarket safety and had installed two cross bolts to strengthen the stock. A vented shotgun style butt pad graced the heel and the original military barrel still graced the action. The bore looked great and the action seemed very sound. The price wasn't exactly a steal but it was definitely do-able. So I put it down and went home.

This morning after stewing over this for nearly two weeks I talked it over with the wife and decided to go buy this old Springfield. But I was too late (sob) it was gone.

Moral of the story here gents: don't move! ;) or if you must move, don't let it kill your gun budget!

Seriously though I am bummed. I really wanted that to be my summer project!

Dale

Sorry Dale. [emoji45]
I feel for you having been there myself.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vince said:
Sorry Dale. [emoji45]
I feel for you having been there myself.

Vince

Years ago, I Passed on a ruger RSI in 250-3000 with a K-4 weaver for $200. 36 hours later when I figured out how to afford it, it was gone. I couldn't afford it. I had 20 bucks in my pocket and it was a down payment or diapers. What ya gonna do....?? She was a good kid. Feel for you...If you are a gun nut sooner or later it will happen. CL

We've all been there. If it wasn't a deal we missed because we were trying to figure out how to afford it, it was the sale of a great rifle because we just had to get some cash. Such things tend to plague us the remainder of our days.

Thanks for the commiseration fellas. I knew I wouldn't be alone in this circle.

I could've even put it on layaway but I kept going "hmm, hah."

Dammit. Ah well, like the saying goes, there is always tomorrow. There will be more of them that I happen along no doubt.

Dale

Back